Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Eatin Your Lunch..."

"Your ex-Wife?  I never knew you were married? " I said..

''A lot of people never knew...Tammi and I were married for six months....We got married as soon as I graduated from Law School...We were young..We were both a little immature...I thought I was hot shit...I thought I was going to take over the world...We bought an apartment...I wasn't making big money yet..I was fresh outta law school. I was doing process serving and clerking for a couple of judges...And her parents thought that I wasn't making enough progress considering I was a LAWYER....We fought a lot..We fought more than we made love....After six months...I didn't want to be married anymore...We called it quits...We got a no fault divorce..And we went our separate ways...and a funny thing happened....

We became friends... We would meet and talk from time to time...As I made my way up the latter..working for great law firms, becoming a top litigator..We got along better after we split up than we did when we were married."said Miles..

"I can't tell you how many times I've heard that."said Olivia.

"You've been there Liv...You're divorced...You and Elwood uh, you're good?" asked Miles..

"HAAAA!"laughed Beverly...

''Welllll I don't hate him anymore!!...The bitterness is gone...but I don't see us going out for a drink even in the nearby future …"said Olivia.

"I hear that....How bout you Donnie Ray?" asked Miles..

"Olivia is my only wife...I was engaged twice...Never made it down the aisle.." I said.

"Got cold feet huh?" laughed Miles..

 "Noooooo..I was engaged to two nuts...." I said.
 Beverly cracked up laughing....

''Stop it Donnie Ray, we met both of the women you were engaged to....One was very nice."said Beverly..
 "Yeah, I remember one of them." said Nelson..
"I do too!" laughed Josie...

Miles laughed!

''Well anyway....She's being held in the Courthouse Holding Center...Thank you for taking the case.."said a very contrite Miles..

''As your attorneys we keep whatever you tell us in the strictest of confidence...Does Karla know about this?" asked Olivia.


 "Yeah, she knows...I don't keep anything from her.."said Miles.
''She told me to hire you guys..

"Miles...from a prosecutors standpoint...it looks like she did it...but if you say she didn't...I'll go with you...There are only one group of attorneys I know who might just pull her toes out of the fire, Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Donnie Ray and Josie." she said.

"Nice to know she has that much faith in us.."said Olivia with a smile..






II-

We arrived at the Detention Center where Tammie Ellis sat....

She hadn't talked the entire time she was in custody until she saw us...

"Olivia Bennett-Alexander??? Beverly West??? Oh My God, Miles wasn't kidding..He said he was going to get me two heavy hitters and he delivered.." she said..

She was very pretty, had deep Hazel eyes and smooth almost perfect brown skin...

"Shhhh, we are going to have you transferred to a holding cell downstairs...Then we can talk in private."said Beverly...

A guard transferred her downstairs to the interrogation room nicknamed "The Fishbowl." by detectives..

I had interrogated many a suspect in rooms just like it in New Orleans...

Tammie looked at me...

"You dress very nice, but you're no lawyer...You've got "Cop" written all over you." she said.

"I used to be a cop, a homicide detective in New Orleans.."I said..

''I thought so." she said and smiled.

"This is my husband...Donnie Ray Alexander...He is my firm's investigator..."said Olivia.

She smiled seductively at me ,then turned to Olivia...

"You have excellent tastes in men." she said..


"Thank You!" said Olivia..

Olivia smiled and then introduced the rest of the team..

 "You know my niece, Beverly West-East, Attorney..
 Her Husband, Attorney Nelson East...
and Attorney, Josie Boyd...

This is my team..we will be defending you....Now to the best of your knowledge....What happened?" asked Olivia..

''Tony and I had been engaged for about a year...He was renting that house..I had recently moved in with him and it seemed like we fought all the time...He just didn't have the ambition, the drive I like in a man...He went in the Academy and graduated and seemed to be happy just driving around in a squad car...I stayed on him and finally he signed up to take the detective's exam...I even helped him study for it...but the arguments continued...

Tony didn't like my parents...He felt like they had too much sway in our relationship...Especially my mother who always made it a habit to say that I should've stayed with that lawyer fella I was married to at first...

Well soon that got to Tony and he would hit me from time to time when we had arguments..." she said.

"I see in these police reports that cops had to come to your house a record 25 times for domestic disputes."said Nelson...

''And you never pressed the charges.."said Beverly..

"He Hit me...I hit him...I'd leave, then I'd go right back to him..."said Tammie..

"And you were going to marry him?" asked Josie..

"He told me he wanted me to pack my things and to leave..We had a big argument..." said Tammie.


"Medical reports say you had a slight concussion when you were brought in...Did Tony beat you?" asked Olivia.

"He probably did...but to tell you the truth...I don't remember....I can't remember a thing.."said Tammie..
"There is a 9 millimeter slug in the back of his head Tammie, it split his skull.....Did you shoot him?" asked Beverly..

"I don't remember...I'm serious...I can't remember a thing...When the police arrested me..I was 10 blocks away in just my nightgown...I don't remember how I even got there..."she said..

She was bloody and bruised...but not of Officer Broward's blood was on her clothes...and his  service revolver was on the dining room table..wiped clean of prints and DNA...

''Was anyone else in that apartment with you?" I asked.

"I'm not sure...I-I can't remember..."said Tammie.

"Okay....if you don't remember don't wrack your brain....In the meanwhile don't talk to anybody...You hear...Nobody...Anything you do remember..you talk to us...Okay?" said Olivia.

"Okay and guys...Thank you!" she said..

III-
 THREE DAYS LATER-

We appeared in court at Tammie's arraignment.. We waived a preliminary hearing...This was going to trial and we needed time to prepare..

 ''We aren't prepared enough to even argue at a preliminary hearing...If this goes over to trial, we have more time to prepare." said Olivia.
 "And we can forget about asking for bail...She's charged with Capital Murder, The killing of a cop..No Judge in their right mind would grant her bail."said Beverly...

She was right..
 "I'm in a lot of trouble aren't I?" asked Tammie.
 "Uh yeah...First Degree Murder of a Police Officer...The worst kind of trouble."said Nelson...
"But don't fret..We've won tough cases before." he said.
 I said nothing...She was facing the Death Penalty or Life no parole if convicted..She couldn't remember anything... I had to take a look at that crime scene..see if I could put together something.
Josie looked very alert..She took a deep breath, She realized how life and death these cases could get.
She was no longer just a Para-Legal..She was an Attorney now..She was responsible.. Still, she was glad Olivia and Beverly were actually running the case..

The ADA was Geraldine Williams...A Penn Graduate...She had graduated a year before Olivia...They had had some classes together... She had lived in Atlanta for awhile, then she had worked in Washington.D.C.  Now she was in Philadelphia in the D.A.'s office..

She smiled and was very seductive, but behind it all was a cut throat  assasain..Who was looking forward to jousting with Olivia and Beverly...

"I wish this case wasn't so open and shut" she told Lt. Tragg

Who laughed ruefully...He was going to enjoy this, he mused.
We went to of all places, Curley's Bar..A Cop bar...but not a dump...a real classy place run by a former Homicide Detective named Curly Johnson...

 ''Wow , We've had some dillies..but this case takes the case.."
 "You believe her Auntay?? Donnie Ray?? That she can't remember anything?"asked Beverly
as their Citris Martini's arrived..

"She did have a concussion and she was beaten up pretty badly and was wandering around disoriented when the cops found her." I said.

My beer arrived..I poured a glass...

 "It could be an act.."said Nelson..

Quaffing down his beer...
"Those bruises were real and that concussion was real."said Josie..


as her Mango Martini arrived..

Our pizza arrived...

 ADA Karen Page walked over to our table..

"Hello Liv, Beverly, Donnie Ray, Nelson and Ms. Josie.. I heard you guys are defending the Amnesiac Cop Killer...I don't envy you.....And you're going up against Gerri Williams..She's tough."said Karen.
"I'm Tough!" said Olivia..
"That's the spirit..."laughed B.L. Benz...Karen's boyfriend and host of the Crime talk show , HARD BOTTOM.

"Listen...I'd like to run this story...same deal..My station will pay the legal fees."said B.L.

"Our Fees have already been paid." said Beverly.

"But you can run the story B.L."said Olivia , smiling..
 "Shortcake I'm going to need your help tomorrow." I said.
"YAYYYYYYY!"said Beverly...

 "Josie we are going to do some research and find some predicates as well as begin structuring what kind of juror we want.."said Nelson.
''Same thing I did as a Para-legal almost.."said Josie with a smile.
"Good deal."said B.L. who pulled up a seat for him and Karen and joined us...
 Karen had a Mango Martini
and B.L. had a Beer like me and Nelson...

Lt. Tragg walked in...he saw us and he walked over to us..

"Liv I can't believe you and your niece are representing that cop killer.." he snarled..


''Alledged Cop Killer!  Innocent until proven guilty.." said Olivia.
'You can't possibly believe she is innocent...'She did it and you'll be going up against a pit bull..Geraldine Williams..She said she knew you and Yvette and Karen in law school."said Lt. Tragg..

''She was a year ahead of us."said Karen...

"Yeah, well she's going to be eatin your lunch..she hasn't lost a case yet...."laughed Lt. Tragg.

"You'd enjoy that wouldn't you?" asked Beverly..

''Seeing you two get your just desserts...Especially you...You bet I would.I saw the smile wiped off of your faces once...I treasure that moment.." laughed Lt. Tragg.

''You do know , we got that conviction reversed and we won a  retrial in that one case..So you'd better get to work and do a thorough investigation ...Give her something to work with..."said Olivia..

B.L. Benz cracked up laughing...

'
''Did I say something funny ?" snarled Lt. Tragg to B.L.


"No, but Olivia did....The notion of YOU doing a thorough investigation..." said B.L.



This brought snickers and outright laughter from Karen, Beverly and Josie..


Nelson and I continued to drink our beer....We didn't look his way...

Lt. Tragg angrily stomped his foot and stormed off....


IV-

That night., Olivia sat in the bedroom looking at her laptop..


She seemed to be pre-occupied..

I sat on the bed..

"Looking up the competition huh?  I thought you knew her?" I asked.


"Oh I do...I knew her in law school...briefly.....If she's going to be eating my lunch as Lt. Tragg said ,I need  to know everything I can about the woman."said Olivia..

Geraldine "Gerri' Williams, born and raised in Philadelphia PA. ,Educated in Philadelphia Public Schools, B.A. Trial Advocacy, Administration of Justice from Spellman in Atlanta ,Ga.
Graduated Penn Law School, Speaks French, Spanish and Russian fluently..Passed the Bar, Licensed in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and Deleware..

Worked at Richmond and Talley and Associates in Atlanta,  Fisher, Fisher and Hook Attorneys at law, Atlanta...Associate Attorney, U.S. Attorneys Office, Washington D.C. , Married to now U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson for two years, Divorced,

"Oh My God...She was Married to Tony Richardson?  Is there any woman he hasn't been with?"asked Olivia.

"He wasn't with you." I said..

"Nooooo I belong all to you.."said Olivia, continuing to read...

"Assistant D.A, New York City and now Assistant D.A. Philadelphia."said Olivia...

''Enough reading for tonight.." I said.

She put her laptop away and we kissed passionately on the bed...

I took my shirt and trousers off and my socks and shoes..

I slipped her white lacey panties off...
We kissed each other softly and slowly....She took her hands and put them in my boxers and felt my rock hard erection..

"You are sooooo hard...ouuuuuuuu..."she laughed as I unhooked her bra..

We stood in the middle of the floor ,kissing...

really kissing and practically devouring each others lips..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu  Donnie Ray….."she moaned..

"Oh my goddddd!..."she moaned softly as we crashed on the bed and we began to make sweet love....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm…" I moaned as the bed began to squeak beneath our combined weight...



"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husband, you are sooo hard, soooo huge..." she moaned.....

I was losing my mind slowly....The way I always had when we made love...Olivia was so warm, so soft, sooo wet....I was delirious....

Before long we were making sweet love...Our bed making no noise, our headboard rattling out of control...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray...I love you soooooo much!" she cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Olivia, you are driving me crazy.." I moaned..

She turned over and moved herself up and down on me...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I like this .."she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhh not as much as I like it.." I said..

The next FOUR TO FIVE HOURS was incredible...
Both of Olivia's legs were shaking furiously, her head was turning from left to right...she was sweating profusely....

"OH MY GOD!!....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YESSSSSSSSSS.  OUUUU WEEE, OUUUU WEEEE..YESSS...YEsSSS….OHHH YESSS DONNIE RAY!!" she moaned..She was having an intense orgasm....

which caused her to kiss me more intensely.....

I was almost angry when I did start cumming….Olivia's screams and whoops seemed to get me more excited and to make me cum harder.....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  Donnie Ray…..you make me cum so hard...." she sighed..

"You make me cum so much,..."  I said..

We both laughed

As we lie in each other's arms...both of our bodies trembling...
We started kissing some more and before we knew it..


We were making love again for the second time...

"I never get enough of you." I moaned..

"I seee." she said and laughed...

ANOTHER THREE HOURS went by before we both climaxed and climaxed hard!



"The only person who will be eating my lunch is you" said  Olivia..

''That goes without saying" I said..


(TO BE CONTINUED)




No comments: