Monday, May 11, 2020

Gold Coast Plane Mystery

A Private Plane was headed to Philadelphia from Atlanta....It was 6:30 am.....

"Look at that sun rising gentlemen." said the Pilot...

"It's beautiful....This was a nice smooth flight, considering we took off in the rain...in Atlanta.."said his assistant Pilot..

 "I just want to get to Philly in time to unload this cargo." said a white man sitting in a passenger seat.
"I called them yesterday, told them we'd be in this morning...I just didn't know that entailed getting up at 4:30 in the morning." said a young man sitting next to him..

"Hey relax...We caught this red eye jet....The flight is short...What, it's been a little under 90 minutes and we are over Philly right now....Hey..you look a little peeked...You alright?" asked the man..

"No.....No...I-I feel a little...a little dizzy...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…" said the young man who collapsed...

"Hey....Heyyyy this kid is sick....He just passed out.."said the man sitting next to him who was now sweating profusely himself...

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…" he groaned...and he too passed out...

"Hey man, what's goin on?  Both of our passengers just passed out..."said the assistant pilot..

"We are close to the airport...We'll be landing in 15 minutes...Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."groaned the pilot....

"Heyyyyy what's with you?" Heyyyyyyyy" said the assistant Pilot , who pushed his partner, also unconscious out of the seat and began taking over the plane...preparing it for landing...

'Oh my god.ddd...I-I feel sick...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned...

The plane drifted in the sky...





II-


My wife Sepia and I were at a new Brunch spot I had never been to....

 "Kevin, I love this place....Thank you for inviting us Karen.."said Sepia.
"Yes...I have to come back here with Sepia in the future." I said..

Me?...I'm Kevin Morris...CEO of Morris Communications...on my way to being a communications mogul in this city...Did I mention, I'm also a Private Investigator on the side...or I should say in addition to?

"Yvette Jones told me about this place...She said Gary brought her here once.."said Assistant District Attorney Karen Page...

 "I'm surprised my cousin's husband, Donnie Ray Alexander didn't find this place first."said Attorney Kayla Bennett-St. Jacques...Olivia's cousin and an Attorney I frequently do business with..
'This is very nice.."said Attorney Jessica Sanchez... An Attorney who works at the Innocence project, a former Public defender, who I also work for from time to time..

Our food arrived..

 Pancakes
 Hash Browns
 Breakfast sausages..
 Hot Coffee
And five timblers of Mimosas...Orange and Grapefruit Juice with champaigne...

"This is my kinda Brunch..." I said..

"I understand you have a new job Karen?  You're in charge of Wrongful Conviction Unit of The District Attorney's Office?" asked my wife Sepia..

"Yes....Which is why I brought you guys here.....Jessica, both Olivia and Yvette have told me about your work with the Innocence Project and I remember you when you were with the Public Defenders Office.. and Kayla, I'm quite aware of your work, being close to your two famous cousins...I would like for you to work with me...From time to time you will have a client, who you feel was wrongfully convicted by this office...Do the research, make your case and run it by my office...In lieu of lengthy appeals and appearences before appellate courts and I'll see what I can do for you...I brought Kevin in on this because I know he does investigative work for you both from time to time.."said Karen..

''You been part of this unit for awhile now....Any success?" I asked..

"Oh Yes..Olivia and her team..





brought me twelve cases, which I reviewed and overturned convictions for them....







Yvette and her crew brought me about 15 cases in which we worked together and I was able to overturn all but one of their cases...They had to take that one to state appellate court.. but in all of the cases...They did the leg work, the research and brought me legitimate cases..Something I could work with...That's all I ask... Everyone from the Mayor to the Police commissioner and the D.A. himself is quite pleased with the work this unit has been doing."said Karen.
 "I look forward to working with you....In fact I have a client that I feel was wrongly convicted...I'll stop by your office."said Kayla..

"I have several.....I'll be stopping by....This is really nice...I never imagined us being on the same side."joked Jessica..

"We all want Justice...We are on the same side.."said Karen...

"A Toast to Justice..."said Sepia...

III-

The Private Jet from Atlanta sat on the runway of Philadelphia International Airport...

Bonnie Shay, Attorney and Insurance Investigator  waved at me as I got out of my car and met her at the plane..

"Thanks for coming Kevin...."she said.

"I was just finishing up a Brunch meeting....What's up?" I asked..

"The Airline got a mayday call from this plane...The pilot said that everyone was getting sick and passing out....Then we lost contact with the pilot....The plane hovered  around the airport for nearly an hour , then it began it's dissent and landed perfectly back here... Airport police got here and found.....Well come inside...see for yourself..."said Bonnie..

I walked inside and saw the bodies of the two pilots and the two passengers... I felt the pilot for a pulse..

"He's alive....Call an ambulance.."I said..

I felt the co-pilot for a pulse...

"He's alive too.." I said..

The older white gentleman was snoring...

"He's definitely alive..."said Bonnie..

She felt the pulse of the younger man...

"He's alive too!" she said..

"All four, out like a light.."I said..  I saw a  Thermos and four cups..... I took a sip of the coffee and smelled the cups..

"This coffee has been tampered with....Assuming all four drank coffee from this thermos...They more than likely were drugged....." I said..

"You're probably wondering what my interest is in all this?"stated Hazel..

"Yes...I figured you'd get around to that." I said and smiled..

"My employer, Cyclops Insurance insured a small safe full of jewelry, Jewelry from the Gold Coast worth Millions....that was cargo on this plane...We were waiting for it's arrival...I was here early this morning waiting.." said Bonnie..

''Ohhhhhh I see and let me guess...That cargo is missing, right?" I said.

"Yes...All of it...And here is the rub...The entire crew of this plane is unconscious...."said Bonnie..

''Who landed this plane? and further more...Who took your jewels?" I said..

'Stowaway?" asked Bonnie..

"If so...Where? There doesn't seem to be room for anyone else on this plane...plus the weight..." I said..

"Somebody landed this plane and somebody made off with that Jewelry.....It couldn't have been these four..."said Bonnie.

'Well it was somebody..." I said..

"Kevin, I uh could use your help....I can arrange to have you paid..."said Bonnie..

"Bon-Bon, I'd appreciate that....but..I'm intrigued..I like mysteries …..For you...I'd do this for free."I said..

"Awwwww you are so sweet.....I'm going to get you paid...." she said..

This plane and what landed on it, remained a mystery...

IV-

Bonnie and I took the coffee to the Medical Examiner's office... All four men had woke up in the hospital and submitted urine tests...

Hazel had checked the urine and the coffee....

"No doubt about it...Their urine and the coffee they all drank was loaded with Midazolem...Midazolam, marketed under the trade name Versed, among others, is a benzodiazepine medication used for anesthesia, procedural sedation, trouble sleeping, and severe agitation. It works by inducing sleepiness, decreasing anxiety, and causing a loss of ability to create new memories. It is also useful for the treatment of seizures. Midazolam can be given by mouth, intravenously, or injection into a muscle, by spraying into the nose, or through the cheek. When given intravenously, it typically begins working within five minute… There was enough in their coffee to knock them out for hours.."said Hazel..

"All four men were unconscious while that plane was in the air...and they didn't wake up until after they got to the hospital...There is no way they could have landed that plane...It hovered in the air for at least an hour before making it's dissent...That plane would have crashed and burned....Who was keeping it hovering?" I asked.

"None of these four guys were in any shape to fly this plane or do much of anything... They're so groggy right now, they couldn't answer our questions." said Bonnie..

"Somebody else was obviously on that plane....Hiding somewhere and they landed the plane and made off with your jewelry.."said Hazel...

"That plane left from a private air strip in Atlanta right?" I said..

"Yes.."said Bonnie..

''Well that's where our investigation begins.."I said..

"We need to know who loaded that plane, who gassed it up, the works...and we need to look into the personal history of every man on that plane..."I said..

"Who Knew that shipment was coming at the time it did?" asked Hazel, so used to working with Sissy and her detectives that she knew the right questions to ask..

"Our Client...Stephen Bristol....He's a local businessman..."said Hazel..

"I know him very well..He owns several tony restaurants and bistros...He's also a high stakes Gambler and man about town...."I said..

"He knew and I knew....Other than that...The person who was selling him the Jewelry in Atlanta.." said Bonnie..

"Well we've got our work cut out for us don't we?" I said..

"We sure do.." said Bonnie...


Who landed this plane? It wasn't these four guys and Who stole those Jewels?  A New Mystery unfolded.

(TO BE CONTINUED)






No comments: