Thursday, August 7, 2008

Butter

/All the guys keep their distance from you...
All the guys say that you're mean...
But none of them have ever gotten the gist of you...
none of them have explored sights unseen
like I did...
that's how I got to know you..
the parts of you that you keep hid..
hidden from love, love I want to show you.../

/sad girl
somebody broke your heart...
you're not a
bad girl..
just a woman in need of a brand new start../

/I've got a sweet deal that's so good for you...
and it'll warm your soul...
I've got a plan to be your man...
gonna make you lose control-
and it'll make you melt like butter....
put a smile on that frowning face...
it'll make you melt like butter....
you'll be singing and dancing all over the place.../

/ It was obvious to me
that something was going on with you...
it was so plain to see
that you were in need of something new to do...
it was like pulling teeth,
tryin to get a word of conversation from you..
but I knew that you'd come around after awhile...
once you talked to someone who understood what you were goin through...\

/ And I'm so glad you decided to spend some time with me...
so glad you did...
so glad that you allowed me to see...
the soft side of you that you kept hid.../

/ and baby..
I've got a sweet deal that's so good for you..
it'll warm your soul...
I've got a deal that's so real and true...
and truth be told...
it'll make you melt like Butter...
break down those defenses...
it'll make you melt like Butter....
it'll shock your senses...
and make you melt like Butter.../

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another good one Keith!

Keith said...

You're becoming my biggest fan over
here. Thanks!