Friday, August 15, 2008

Clerow's Citrus Punch

Clerow was in his bathrobe, stirring a drink...A non-alcoholic drink... She was a virtuous Christian woman, this one was... She was brown skinned, very shapely for her age, possessing a figure that could attract men ten to fifteen years younger than her... She sat in Clerows living room and wept....

"Oh Clerow...Ah love mah husband...I swear I do...
but he's never home...He says he's doing the work
of the lord....but I don't see how that could be at the
Ungodly hours he keeps " she said...

Clerow eyed her sympathetically and kept making his drink. He mixed a thawed 12 ounce can of frozen lemonade ("that cool refreshing drink"), another twelve ounce can of frozen orange juice, a cup and a half of sugar, one teaspoon of vanilla extract, another teaspoon of almond extract and eight cups of cold water..topping it off with two liters of lemon lime soda, chilled.

"He comes home with lip stick on his collar and the smell of
perfumes that I don't wear...I've known about his affairs for years
but I've never said anything...but now...I just can't take this anymore.
I'm 40 years old...I've given that man the best years of my life.."

Clerow said nothing....He thought of his Mabel....bad enough she was seeing that brother from
Philly, but stepping out on him with this old fist licking Pastor too??? She was dating like a....
like a... well like a man and he couldn't take it...but he had hurt her...he had cheated on her with her own sister...he and he alone was the reason why Mabel was here in this God forsaken city
instead of in Monroe, Louisiana....their home.

He took two large pitchers and a large punchbowl and combined the first six ingredients...He gently added the soda....Then he took two chilled tumblers and served his Citrus Punch.

"Oh My.....You Southerners got a way with food and
beverages...This is off the chain Clerow."

Clerow said nothing...He eyed this woman strangely...sitting there in his bathrobe....She had been just distraught about two hours ago, when he found her about two blocks from Mabel Jenkins house...It was the night before the Church Potluck...He was watching Mabel's house and
so was this woman...Since they had "caught " each other..they began talking...They shared each
other's pain and eventually, she shared herself with Clerow in his bed... Now they were talking.
She had seen her husband enter Mabel Jenkins house...Clerow knew that Mabel had company..
and now she had two men in her home...What in hell was this?

"Oh I could kill him" she said...

Clerow laughed- "I saw what you did to Sister Betty Johnson...she's still in the hospital."

"Oh Clerow, that heifer was sitting on my husbands lap...
kissing him...had her hands down his pants when I run up
on them...She's lucky I didn't kill her...but I'm not taking anything
else out on no woman....If I catch him with a woman...he's the one
that's gonna wind up in the hospital."

Clerow smiled-
"Now now... Sistah Struthers...Ah know where your Husband
is going to be tomorrow....Why don't we pay him a visit?"

She sipped her Citrus Punch and smiled...Then she sat on Clerows lap...gave him a long and
lustful kiss...and sipped his drink.....

"I think we are going to be very good friends...."

Clerow smiled- "Ah think so too, Sistah Struthers...heh..heh..heh..."

6 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

lmao at this story, Lord let there please be a happy ending....

cause right now it aint sounding too good for Mable.....

ill be waiting for the rest of this story Keith!!

Anonymous said...

This is building up to something
interesting...I'm with the dreamy one. It doesn't look too good for Mabel. Mabel is my girl, you can't let anything bad happen to Mabel, you just can't..When are you writing another installment?

Keith said...

@Dreamy & Ton-- Soon very soon...
I have at least two more stories already written...just haven't
posted them yet. I'm writing a couple of poems right now..but don't worry..Mabel and company will
be back soon!

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

I love reading Mabel's Banging Biscuits, that’s what I am calling all stories related to these characters! lol*

-OG

Mizrepresent said...

hahaha, i loved this!

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hmmm.....

I am at a loss for words right now....

(smiles)
Lisa