Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sign

/I'm not looking for the Red Sea to part..
I'm just looking for some truth from your heart..
I don't expect to hear people speaking in several different tongues..
but I would like to know that I am the one../

/ You never reveal the truth from your heart..
there are suspicions that I've had from the start..
that while I'm thinking that I might just be the one...
you're really just having a little fun../

/ please don't interupt ...
if I'm wrong..
please just help me clear this up...
then I'm gone...
I'm just looking for some kind of sign...
a sign from you that I'm not wasting my time../

/I don't need to be rescued from the lions den
but I need an emotional rescue..
tell me that I'm more than just your "brother"
or your friend..
I don't need to feel the heat of the burning bush
but I do have a burning question that needs an answer
,so perhaps you need a little push../

/but you hide from me how you really feel...
I never really am sure, just what is the deal..
Am I really the one?
or are you just having fun?/

/Please don't interupt me
I could be wrong...
just clear this matter up
and I'll be gone..
Sometimes a brother just needs a sign...
a sign from you that I'm not just wasting
my time./

5 comments:

WhozHe said...

Nicely worded. The emotional sentiment comes through clearly. I know some people who need to read this and use it in their current relationships.

Anonymous said...

Keith, I love this.

♥ CG ♥ said...

Keith, I sure could have used this a month ago. All I'd need to do is replace the references to "brother" to "sister" and it would convey exactly what I went through. Needless to say, I felt ya on this one.

The Dreamy One said...

ohh wow i cant tell you how many times i have felt like this poem

this was deep and brought back some memories,lol

i definitely liked this one Keith

Mizrepresent said...

This is usually how most women feel...thanks for sharing a brothers true perspective. They don't make them like you anymore Keith.