Sunday, August 17, 2008

Girl in the White Linen Skirt


/ The First Time I saw her, the coffee was splashing
from my cup on my suit...
As the Subway train rumbled into the station..
I was embarrassed, yet tried to look so astute...
and hide my budding infatuation.../

/She had the warmest hazel eyes
and a seductive smile
the kind that tempted me to flirt...
She was wearing the fragrance of white diamonds
,it lingered for awhile...
The Girl in the White Linen Skirt.../

/I introduced myself and I asked her her name...
I can't believe how easily the words came from
me-
we exchanged numbers and agreed to meet for
our first date...
I'm only used to seeing things like this on T.V./

/She had the softest brown skin
and a body to die for...
I watched her walk off to work...
and I had the urge to cry for
her..
such a seductive and gentle smile
that lingered for awhile...
The Girl in the White Linen Skirt.../

/She had the warmest Hazel Eyes
and such a musical voice..
the kind of eyes that sparkle in the light..
and leaves me with no choice...
but to try and flirt...
This Girl in the White Linen Skirt...

This
Girl in the White Linen Skirt.

1 comment:

The Dreamy One said...

cute,lol

love the way you made it rhyme and flow so eloquently!!!

i defintely liked this poem.....

The Girl in the White Linen Skirt,lol

hope that you are enjoying the weekend Keith!!!