Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Love I'll Get

Lady, I know your kind..
you think you're all that...
you know you're fine...
but actually you're afraid to give yourself
to someone...
Intimacy is something you find yourself
constantly running from.../

Baby, I know your kind...
you think you got it going on,
you've got such an ego, such pride...
but really, you're afraid to fall in love...
so you front and you hide.../

/but love, you know...that's okay
it's all good...
because-
one day you'll come to me and tell me
how much you love me..
and then you'll squeeze me...
you'll want to please me...
and you will no longer want to tease me...
and the love
that I'll get from you is gonna be so good../

but check this out player
I know all of the guys
tell you all of the time...
about how you're so fine...
how you're so fly...
and how you just blow their mind../

/You notice that when their eyes
meet your eyes
they seemingly lose all memory of space
and of times...
you like that don't you?
it makes you feel so cool...
but foolish you.../

/you see because like I told you...
it's all good
because one day you'll come to me and say
that you need me
("you're laughing now, but it's true")
then you'll squeeze me..
you'll want to please me...
and you won't be about teasing me...
and then the love
that I'll get from you will be so good....

/you'll say that you love me...
you'll kiss and hug me..
you'll say that you'll never leave me..
and baby girl you'll tell me that you
need me ....
and the love...that I'll get from you...
Is gonna be so good.

2 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

i my blog is supposed to be private but its acting retarded and it wont let me read some of my favorite post.

so its open now....

update me on the blogroll, the name is thedreamyones.blogspot

ill be back later to read

The Dreamy One said...

okay see you read me in that second paragraph....

i think that i am afraid of love, i want it but am scared....

always ready to throw in the cards before it even gets started....

well Keith enjoyed the poem, as always you deliver

have a wonderful weekend