Monday, August 11, 2008

Don't Make Me Wait Too Long

/You tell me
that when I get myself together
if you're still around...
you'll be mine.../

/That sounds all fine and good
right now...
but it should be understood
and how..
that you don't know whether
fate really wants us together
or if another might allow herself
to share my time../

/ How presumptious of you
to think that I'll still be your fool...
maybe now, you might not be entirely wrong-
but don't make me wait too long./

/ You tell me you want me to earn my MBA...
But what you really want is just to have your way...
You say you're waiting for me to get myself a nice condo...
and if you're not seeing anyone , you say I'll be the first to know../

/ You tell me that you'd like to see me in a BMW....
Funny, you don't think any other girls might be attracted
to me too?
You say that you're waiting for me to be just a little more fly...
and then maybe, just maybe I might finnally be your guy-
The question I want to ask you so bad is why?/

/ How presumptious of you
to imagine that I'll still want to be your little fool
right now, you might not be entirely wrong...
but if I were you-
I wouldn't make the boy wait too long../

/because I've got plans for my life...
plans that only concern me...
and in time I might get some common sense
and I might come to the conclusion
that I suppose it's time to let you be../

/How presumptious of you
to imagine that I'd even want to be your little fool..
right now I'm more certain that you're wrong...
don't make the mistake
of making me wait too long..
Don't make me wait too long./

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know how this poem got by me.