Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Something That You're Goin Through

/ You may think that you want me..
but I know you don't...
you say you can and you will
but we both know you won't...
and what's important now
is the way you don't really feel and how.../

/This is just somethin that you're going through....

"loving me is the wrong move.."

just somethin goin on with you..../

/Check it out
You've got a man at home
who you say ignores you and leaves you alone
and while that's sad, that's something the
two of you have got to work out..
and while right now it looks so attractive-
the feelings are not retro-active..
and baby girl-/

/ this is just something that you're going through

"loving me is the wrong move.."

something kind of funky goin on with you.../

/ I dreamed for awhile that we might
have a little something-
my feelings ran from hot to mild
and now I realize that we have nothing..
you want more than I'm willing to give
to you..
and right now I think it would be wise
if you returned to the man who vowed to
live for you.../

/ Look me in the eye and tell me a lie
girl...
tell me what we both know isn't true...
and while you may think that you do...
I'm really not the man for you...
and baby-/

/This is just Something that you're Goin
through.....

"Loving me is not the best move..."

Somethin going on with you....

Something that you're goin through....

Take a little time and think of what you're doin baby...

I'm not the right guy for you ...

This is just a little somethin you goin through girl.../

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Keith, this is deep...You took a complex situation and spun it into something really beautiful...
Poetry is such a wonderful form of expression.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how many times I've been in this same situation
bruh...good poem.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blogs, but I like both of them Keith.