Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tender Trap

/No matter how long you live
or how much you see in this old world...
Nothing can confuse a guy more..
than when he meets that certain girl../

/I tracked her movemants like a fox
hunts a rabbit...
I made it my business to learn all of
the young girl's habits..
Made sure my Kenneth Cole sunglasses
hid my face...
so I could blend in at the exact time she'd
be arriving at a certain place../

/ I thought I was laying a tender trap...
but she caught me off guard like a sudden slap...
and like McNulty on the Wire, I thought I was close
to a conclusion...
but I got caught up in my desire , my flame doused
by confusion...
despite cleverness being my claim to fame...
I found that I was playing by the rules
of her game../

/Like Grisham on CSI,
I thought that I...
wrote the book..
but there was more than just one clue
I'd overlook....
She played the game with all the skill of Johnnie Cochran...
I should have seen the writing on the wall and stopped then..../

/I thought that I was laying the players tender trap...
but she caught my heart off guard like the slayers sudden slap...
despite cleverness being my claim to fame...
all the while I was playing by the-

rules of her game./

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Word play my brotha!

Anonymous said...

Keith, this was pure genius...
When is that book coming out?

Keith said...

@Toni-Thanks for the compliment,
as for a book...who knows??

Mizrepresent said...

How sweet, the misses must be a proud sista!