Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mabel & Cora Beth

Did I tell you that I bought a car? Yeah...I went to Sonny Stein Struthers- "The man with the hole in his head" Used cars and bought a 2002 Nissan Maxima. Sonny Struthers is the younger brother of Reverend Brother Dr. Pastor Struthers. I bought my car from him shortly before the
unpleasentries of the "Potluck Massacre". The Good Reverend Brother Dr. Pastor was recovering from his wound...He mostly was sleeping on his stomach..Too painful to sleep on his
back considerin.....

It served him right...He shouldn't have been tryin to push up on my Mabel at the church Potluck. No one actually knew who shot him...but we all suspected that it was his estranged wife.
She was missing..No one has seen her since the shooting, a week ago.

Having this car helps me to see Mabel a lot easier...I don't have to take the Bus and the Subway and yet another bus. I just hop in my ride and head right on up the boulevard and I'm at Mabel's
house in twenty five minutes.

Mabel's younger sister ,Cora Beth Jenkins was in town....I drove to the train station to pick her
up. Mabel wouldn't see her. See, she seduced Clerow...She was the reason Mabel was here in Philadelphia in the first place...To get away. Cora Beth sent texts, e-mails and letters to Mabel,
trying to apologize...but Mabel never acknowledged any of the letters...she was still too mad.

Finnally ...Mabel said that she would see Cora Beth. I told her that life is short and that that was the only family she had left...that she shouldn't let an old wound fester and that she should at least talk to her sister.

I drove to 30th Street Station to pick her up. Mabel was in the car with me...No way was she going to let another man get stolen by her whorish sibling. I had no problem identifying Cora
Beth...She had her sister's great body, her sisters smile and her sister's walk...She didn't dress as
revealing as Mabel had told me she would...With the breasts showing ,with the jeans so low you
could get a glimpse at the panty bands.. Something about Cora Beth seemed different. She was
friendly toward me...but not too friendly...Not the Cora Beth, I expected to see.

I drove her to Mabel's House...She only unpacked a few things. She explained that she had called ahead and already had a place to stay. Mabel looked surprised and asked her where-

"Oh Mabel honey, Ah couldn't impose on you...
Ah talked to Clerow...now it aint what you think...
We are not together or nothin, but I apologized for
what I done to you and I told him that I was comin up
this here city of Brotherly love and that I needed a place to stay."

Mabel side eyed her little sister and then said- "So you're stayin with Clerow?"

"Aww nah Mabel honey..Clerow got me an apartment
,not too far from here...a few blocks..He knew a landlord
that was rentin...I never intended to intrude or impose on
you honey..and besides...I need all the space I can get...
I'm travelin for two....you is about to become an auntie."

I didn't like the way my Mabel looked at Cora Beth....like she would kill her without hesitation.

"Is it Clerow's baby?" she asked.

"Aww no honey, Clerow and me did it jus that one time
an I am soo sorry honey..I was triflin then...No, this here
is Manly Jackson's baby."

"Manly Jackson?? You and him?? He 's old enough to
be your..."said Mabel

"Was old enough...Mabel...he dead now."

"What happened?"

Cora Beth told us the story...Manly Jackson was six foot five, 230 pounds...Well muscled
and dark skinned. He kind of put women in mind of Actor Idris Elba, only bigger.( and considerably older.) They had been carryin on since Mabel left Monroe. Manly had only one problem...He was scared to death of cock roaches..and he had a bad heart. Okay, two problems.

Cora Beth had just told him that she was with child...his first shocker, then nothing should
happen, but a big cock roach come walkin across the floor...Manly leaped up on the table and began screaming like a girl with a suddenly high pitched voice- "Aggggghhhhhhhhh,kill it, kill it
please...please...pleasseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...agggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."
She said that he sounded like James Brown almost...

"Aggggggggggggggggggggggggh..please...please..pleaseeeeeee."

She took off her shoe and killed the cock roach...smashed it. Unfortunately ,poor Manly
died right there on the spot too....

Mabel, for the first time, smiled at her sister and took her into her arms. That night the
three of us had a delicious dinner of home cooked Spare Ribs, Cornbread Stuffing, Corn on the cobb, and some fine Lemonade. It was going to be alright.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great effort. These charactors are coming along..I can't wait to see where this story is going...I suspect that all isn't as it seems with Mabel's sister. Can't wait for the next installment.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Loves It!!

-OG

The Dreamy One said...

yeahhhhhhh, good that her and her sister could reconsile

lets hope that Cora dont do nothing else she aint got no business doing,lol

Moanerplicity said...

I can only hope this is an excerpt from a novel you're writing. You have a way of placing the reader right there in the room w/ your characters. Maybe it's the dialog, the detail, or the real, funny & on-point things they say... but whatever it is, it reveals your gift at writing.

So, keep pennin & winnin, my Brotha!

One.