Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Anxiety

/Why do I act as though you're all that matters?
Foolish of me to feel this way.
You're lost in your self conscious chatter
You could care less about me from day to day...
Why do I place you on a pedestal so high...
so foolish of me to believe
that you would somehow realize how hard I try..
oh tell me how could I be so naive?/

/ and oh, the anxiety
when I realize, you might not love me...
this scares me...
that I can't even seem to breathe-
oh, the horrible reality...
that I take my love for you so seriously
and I can't comprehend you not being in love with me..
and it fills me with constant

anxiety./

/Why did I write you that letter?
Exposing my feelings for you...
How could I have thought that a text or an e-mail
would make things better?
Oh, I was such a fool.
To think that you would be moved...
I never felt like this..
I never asked for any romance..
The price I'm paying for this misery
Of existing everyday without a chance..../

and oh
the anxiety
when I realize that you don't want me...
and oh girl
this is scaring me...
and right now it's hard for me to breathe
oh the anxiety-
because I take my feelings for you so seriously...
i'm just an option to you, it's clear to see..
while I've made you a priority..../

baby why aren't you in love with me?
just asking the question fills me with-

anxiety...../

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one is so sad...How do you think this stuff up? It' such a moody peice? I love it.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visiting your
new blog and I must say that I am impressed. I've read your other blog-"Keith's Space" but never commented before. I love this poem...It moved me to tears..I was going through something simular with my lover.

Anonymous said...

Hi Keith, I'm what bloggers call a lurker...I don't have a blog of my own but I read others and don't comment.lolol.. I've read this poem and your short story and I really like what you're doing here.
I will be back to visit. I love
"Keith's Space' too.

Keith said...

I'm gettin all the lurkers today!-lolol