Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gettin Over You

/ I don't want to go home
alone again tonight....
and I've been sittin here in my car thinkin...
I deserve your love girl and this aint right...
I shouldn't be drivin, because I've been
drinkin.../

/Another night alone without you...
just can't be good...
I sat in the bar watching him and
envying him and that's so uncool....
How could I be so misunderstood??/

/Come to think of it...
I've got so many other important things to do...
and one of em is...
getting over you......
but right now, I'm content to sit in my car alone
and ponder my next move...
just ponder...
what I'm gonna do..../

/The rain lightly falls....
I hear the soft pitter patter on the ground...
I hear other people's cell phones goin off...
but mine is empty, without any calls../

/I don't want to go home alone
again tonight..
I could pick up any one of these girls,
but I just wouldn't feel right...
I'd only be using her to get back at you...
I'd just be pretending for however long
that she was really you../

/Teardrop from eye...
rolling down the side of my face...
Watching you and him walk by....
it's a goddamn disgrace-
you know you oughta be with me-
I tried so hard to make you see.../

/Come to Think of it
I've got so many other important things
to do...
and one of them is-
gettin over you...
but right now all I can do is obsess...
and ponder my next move...
all I can do is digrest......
and start planning to get over you./

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really feeling this poem, I feel like you were in my head or at
best, somebody told you my business-lolol..Nice poem ,Keith

Anonymous said...

I've been away for a day...Great
poem Keith...I feel like you were at the bar with me Friday night.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to this blog...but I love poetry...I've checked out your short stories too... Really am feeling this.

Anonymous said...

I just went through a nasty divorce,this poem really speaks to me..Thank you so much for this.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're an Aries??
Most Aries people I know are not as
sensitive as you obviously are.
Great Poem. Great Blog too...

Don said...

Nice piece, I've been there myself so I know EXACTLY what you mean. I often refer to it as going through the motions.