Friday, November 23, 2018

Such A Simple Homicide

LEMURIA, The Undersea City-

"Lieutenant...We need to talk to this Arthur Jenkins person....He is now a person of interest in our homicide case..."said Monica..

Kylie had scanned the photograph and video footage of Arthur Jenkins departing from a mini sub at our Aquaport and laying the deceased body of Alexi Tolliver.on the dry dock......
The Lieutenant looked at the video and photographs...

"It appears he is indeed your man...He just got out of a mental institution....And moved here about six months ago...Poor Guy....His mother verbally abused him his entire life....And one night he put arsenic in her food...She died....and not long afterword ,we arrested him and he confessed...but by then he was so broken, so gone...A jury declared him incompetent to stand trial.. He was remanded to a mental institution where he's been for almost 20 years....My god.... He probably was excited and aroused by this woman...and well I'm no shrink...but it sounds like he's taken on the identity of his verbally abusive mother and taken it up a notch to include murder..."said the Lieutenant...

"I thought about my sister in law ,Dr. Monique Cotton
And what she might make of the Lieutenant's layman's analysis......I smiled..

"So what are we going to do sir?" I asked..

"A Judge just scanned me a warrant...I'm grabbing some guys..You're welcome to come with us..."he said..




II-
And so, Monica and I and the Lieutenant and a squad of policemen took Hover cars to the address we had spent the night in...

"Look, the door to our place is open..."I said..

"Come on Boys, take the door.."said the Lieutenant...

We took the door to our AIRBNB.....We went up the stairs and through the hallway and into both bedrooms...

We found nothing...The place was just as we left it...

Monica led the second group to the house next door..The door was also unlocked...

"I can't sense any thoughts...or feel anything." she whispered to me...."Arthur may have left..."she said..

"Let's take the door.."I said..

"ARTHUR JENKINS!!! OPEN UP!!! POLICE!!! WE HAVE A WARRANT!" yelled the Lieutenant..

It was eerily quiet...I didn't like it..

He sighed..

"Take the door boys..." he said..

We took the door and our first surprise was ....

Lying in the living room in a pool of blood was Todd Detlick.....The would be ADA...

He had been shot three times in the chest....

His lifeless eyes stared at the ceiling..

"Oh My God....It's Todd...."said Monica...who knelt and felt the body....

"His body is still warm, he hasn't been dead long....I'd say about an hour or two..."said Monica..

"Doesn't look like he'll be the new D.A. after all..."I smirked..

"I take it you two knew him.."said the Lieutenant...

''We had a warrant for his arrest...Conspiracy, Obstruction of Justice, Jury Tampering...He was an early suspect in our murder....He and another man, already in custody bribed the girl who was staying here, our murder victim...She hung the jury for them...We thought he and his co-conspirator killed her...Looks like we were wrong..."I said..
"I'll put a bolo out on Arthur, We'll get him..."said the Lieutenant...
We watched as Todd's body was put in a body bag and wheeled out....

"We'll contact his next of kin and ship the body top side in a few days..."said the Lieutenant...

"Don't rush on our account..."said Monica..

I smiled...

III-
Anthony Zylac was in custody, charged with Conspiracy, Jury Tampering and Obstruction of Justice... His partner in crime, Todd Detlick was dead...ironically enough , a murder victim of the same man who killed Alexi Tolliver... Arthur Jenkins...a mentally unstable young man who had the apartment next door wired for sound and video....(We found the micro-cameras and listening devices..) and who watched the swinging bachelor who lived next door and his dates...He lived vicariously through his sexual exploits...

"But part of his personality belonged to his dead mother...He dressed like her and spoke like her....For moments of the day...His personality took a back seat to hers...And that personality was the one that killed...The one who killed the girl and the one who killed Todd Detlick.  Not him.."explained Dr. Len Oakley...A Psychologist who had worked with Arthur Jenkins at the Mental Institution...

This case looked like a juicy conspiracy at first....I was kind of sad that it was really such a simple homicide...With nothing to do with Blackmail, Obstruction of Justice, Jury Tampering or Conspiracy....
I sensed that Monica was a bit worn out from all of the sex we'd been having on this trip...And I didn't paw all over her on the ride back...

To my surprise, She cuddled up under me and kissed me slowly and softly......

"You are so sweet and considerate.." she said and fell asleep in my arms....
To our surprise....

Lt. Cotton , Kylie and Monique were waiting for us at Aqua port when our Transport Sub docked at Aqua Port..

"There's my sister!" said Monique  who greeted Monica with a kiss in the lips..
"I missed you." she said..
"How's my baby?" said Monica, hugging her twin sister...
"Damn that turns me on when they do that.."I said..

"Me too Nate."laughed Lt. Cotton...

"You guys did good work...All three of you...Way to bring in a case..." he said..

"Arthur Jenkins is still out there...At large..."said Monica..

"He won't get far....He'll be captured..."said Lt. Cotton...

"Him and his mother..."I said..

 "You so crazy Nate!" laughed Kylie..
"That's my bae.."laughed Monica...
We boarded the flying limo and took off...Home Sweet Home...It was glad to breathe fresh air...and be top side again.

EPILOUGE-
We enjoyed a nice steak and baked potato and some drinks that night...

"My husband is sooooo glad to eat real food and not processed Soy Bean food.."said Monica.

"I've made some nice dishes for Wally with Soy Beans....Pies, Cakes..."said Kylie...

"Wally? My ex-partner? Really?  Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Then he'd be right at home in Lemuria.."I said..

 ''Somehow I can't see that.."said Monique..."Not Wally.."she added..
"Me neither..." said Lt. Cotton..

"Well, he's not over my house for my cookin."said Kylie..
As our drinks arrived...

I smiled..

"Don't say a word..."laughed Monica....who had already read my thoughts!

FOR KD


12 comments:

Rita said...

WOWWW! All That and Arthur Jenkins is still out there!

Toni said...

Which means they''l tangle with him again..!

Angie B. said...

Wow! That leaves me a little unsettelled!

Sunflower said...

I'm sure they'll get him next time!

Lisa said...

Another super creepy baddy!

Halo said...

Yessss!

Brenda said...

Well told..This story left the right amount of unease in us..

Vanessa said...

I imagine Arthur Jenkins couldn't have traveled too far...My guess is he is somewhere close by...

Cheryl said...

Kind of makes you glad this takes place in the future. LOL!

Tate 2 said...

LOL!

SLC said...

Yeah this feels like a nice pause. But, they'll be back.
SLC

SLC said...

and I'm looking forward to they' return.