Monday, November 5, 2018

The Boston Connection

 SATURDAY AFTERNOON-

A Saturday at Bernadette's Hair Dressers....Olivia and Beverly had just had their hair braided...
"Wowwwww this looks great Bernadette....What do I owe you?" asked Olivia..

"$60.00 bucks..."said Bernadette...

Olivia passed her $120.00

"Auntayyy.. you didn't have to pay for mine...I've got money..."said Beverly....
"It's my treat...You've been working hard..doing good work for the firm lately...I appreciate you.."said Olivia..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"said Bernadette...

"We are partners Auntay..."said Beverly...

"You two are too cute...but you look great said Bernadette....
"You do!"said an attractive honey brown woman, who was there....

Bernadette smiled..

"Olivia, Beverly...Allow me to introduce you to my niece...Tiffany....She's from Boston...She's an Attorney too just like you two..." said Bernadette.

"Pleased to meet you.."said Olivia..

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii."said Beverly..
"My Aunt has told me that you two were her clients and I've followed you for years..You got creepy Steven Graves out of two murder raps and all of those close death row cases you two have won nationwide...When my aunt told me you two had a hair appointment this weekend..I had to meet you....I'm in town representing a client...but I need a favor from you two if your schedule permits.."said Tiffany..
"What kind of favor?" asked Beverly...
"I want to hire you guys...Would you mind traveling to Boston?" she asked..

"Boston?  Wowwwww!" said Olivia...

"My girlfriend...She's a fellow Attorney...Her name is Susan Blacke...She used to clerk for a Judge...Milton Wiley...He's about to be a State Supreme Court Judge..." said Tiffany...

"Ohh nicee..I imagine your girl might get a job with him.." said Beverly...

"No...That's the last thing she would want.....He raped her.  She has already come forward with her claims..and as you can imagine..She's being villified....She needs representation...I'm here in Philadelphia on this case....but I have an AirBNB in nearby Cambridge... I'll give you directions..I told my firm about you...They'll pay for your airline tickets..."said Tiffany..

"It's not just me and Bev...We have a team.."said Olivia..

"I'm well aware...Your husbands, Donnie Ray Alexander, investigator and your husband Bev, Nelson,who is also an Attorney and you have a para legal named Josephine.."said Tiffany..
"You've done your homework."said Beverly...

"That's my niece.."said Bernadette proudly...
I walked in just then...

"Hello Ladies.."I said..

They all smiled..

"Donnie Ray...Come here and meet my niece, Tiffany...She's an Attorney too!" said Bernadette..

I bowed my head...

"Pleased to meet you mam."I said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Livy girl, you got you a southern man...complete with southern manners and all, I love it."said Tiffany...

"Tiffany just hired us baby...We are going to Boston..." said Olivia..

"Bean Town...I've been there once...I played a gig there..Years ago..."I said..

I kissed Olivia softly...I hadn't seen her all day...

"Goooooooooooooooood because neither Auntay nor I have ever been there.....I take it you know some of the eateries..."said Beverly...

"Well,it's been a few years...Hopefully they are still there." I said..
Tiffany gave Olivia a sheet of paper..

"That's directions to my Air BNB once you get there....It's equipped with a law library and laptops,So all you guys have to bring is yourselves..."said Tiffany...
"Well, it being fall and all..I would like to bring some clothing.."I joked..

 "Tiffany, my husband doubles as a musician, but not a comedian..."laughed Olivia..
"Yeah, right....but he tries."laughed Beverly ,playfully swatting at me..
"So is it a deal?  If so...I'll have the tickets sent to your office by Tuesday,along with the keys.."said Tiffany..  "When you get there, call this number...That's Susie's number..She'll come out to see you.."said Tiffany...
"Then it's a deal , We'll be awaiting those tickets and keys.."said Olivia..
"You girls look great...Your braids and all.."I said.

"So that means you'll take your girls out to dinner tonight, right?" asked Beverly, winking..

"Something in your eye Bev?" I asked , laughing..
"He's impossible...but what can I do...I love him and I'm married to him." said Olivia, shrugging..
The entire Hair Dressing shop broke out into laughter...

II-
TUESDAY-

Alfreda Johnson, Beverly's mother and our office manager brought the mail in...

"Here is the mail you've been waiting for..
Olivia sifted through the mail...

"Electric Bill, Water Bill, Gas Bill, Cell Phone Bills, Oh this is from Victoria's Secret, this box is your s Bev." she said passing the box to her niece..

"Thanks."said Beverly....
"Here they are...Five round trip airline tickets...to Boston...and the keys and instructions on how to get to her Air RNB..."said Olivia..

"I've been to Boston before...This should be fun.."said Josie...

''Well I haven't...but this sounds like fun...We need a nice getaway."said Nelson, who liked traveling with us..
"I'm gonna miss you guys for a few days.."said Alfreda...

"Just stay until the mail comes..Then lock up and go home.."said Olivia.
"Wow! Boston Huh?" said Alfreda...

"Yes...I can't wait!"said Beverly...

III-
WEDNESDAY-

We arrived in Boston.....It was a little under a two hour flight...


I rented an SUV from the Airport and followed Tiffany's directions
Boston ,like Philadelphia is an old city with a lot of history...A Beautiful city...
We drove into the suburb of Cambridge where we found the Air RNB that Tiffany was talking about..
It was nice....Not as big as the one we were in in Houston, but it had a nice living room...Music streaming and a 50 inch Monitor on the wall for Television watching or work...

''Well guys what do you think?" I asked.
"I like it....Can Nelson and I have the front room?" asked Beverly....
"I don't care.....Josie, you okay with the middle room?" asked Olivia..

"Long as it has a bed, I'm good.."said Josie...

"Let me go and get everybody's luggage..."said Nelson..
"I'll be out to help you." I said..

I didn't mind being in the back room...It afforded Olivia and I more privacy...I just hoped the bed didn't squeak too loud...
After we were settled...Olivia said to the girls..

"Let's go out and see if we can find a supermarket...We need to buy groceries..." she said..

''See if a dry cleaners is near by too..."said Beverly...

"This place has a washer and a dryer...That's cool."said Beverly...
The five of us got in the SUV and took off for a supermarket,

 a dry cleaners and maybe a nice bistro or two.
''What kind of case is this?" I asked.
"She claims the Judge raped her.."said Olivia..
"I wonder how long ago it was.." asked Beverly..
"Yeah ,the farther back it was..The harder it is to find witnesses who will back up the story, let alone any evidence..If there is any.." said Nelson...
"Yeah and people tend to get foggy memories when put under scrutiny after awhile.."said Josie..


Cambridge was nice...we drove around and found a dry cleaners about two blocks from us and a supermarket...Two to be exact....

IV-
But in downtown Boston...A call was being made to Judge Milton Wiley...

"Milton...Your appointment was all but a shoe in until this girl came forward with these sexual assault allegations..." came the voice on the phone..

"It was at a party, everyone was drunk...It was purely consensual..."said Milton Wiley..

"That's not what she says and I got it on good word that she's got some outside counsel...Some Attorneys from out of Philadelphia.."said the voice..

"Philadelphia???WHO??/ WHERE ARE THEY STAYING??" asked Milt Wiley..

"I don't know yet...I'll let you know.."came the voice..

"I don't believe this...I can't believe she's pushing this..."said Milt Wiley...

And meanwhile..
I stood in a line at the supermarket...

"Wow..we are gonna feast, Steaks, Shrimp, Ribs..." I said..

"It'll make everything so much better...Home cooked meals, coziness....Hawaii taught me that..."said Olivia..

Nelson stood behind us...

"I saw that box from Victoria's Secret that came in the mail for you..What did you get?" he whispered..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm you'll find out tonight.."Beverly whispered...

"I got the Pancake mix, a dozen eggs, Sausage and Bacon...

I hope that refrigerator can hold all of this.." said Josie..
"It will...I checked...It was empty..."I said..

Just then , we heard a voice...

"Olivia...Olivia Bennett-Alexander!!!" came the voice of an attractive Black Woman..
"Are you ,Are you Susan Blacke?" asked Olivia..
"I am...Tiff called me, Said you guys are at the AirBNB....Let me follow you guys.."she said..

"Sure...Have dinner with us..."said Beverly...
"That's good and smart...I'm staying not too far from you guys at an undisclosed place....I'd be honored to join you and bring you up to speed on my case.."said Susan..
I didn't know exactly what kind of case we had or just what it was she needed an attorney for...but I didn't care...
I was happy to be in Boston!


TO BE CONTINUED




12 comments:

Toni said...

Oh wow! I love it when the gang go out of town!

Angie B. said...

I do too!

Sunflower said...

Honolulu, Houston , New Orleans and Now Boston...Olivia and crew have really been traveling this year!

Lisa said...

I love the scenario...I love the case...Glad it's not a murder and glad Lt. Tragg is out of their hair..

Halo said...

I love when Liv ,Bev and the team go out of town...Will Yvette and crew be going out of town any time soon? Just asking!

Keith said...

I don't know...I don't have any plans for them to leave town anytime soon.

Vanessa said...

Nice way to begin the week!

Brenda said...

Olivia and Beverly are my favorite of all of your series...I like that you have back to back stories dealing with them from time to time..

Cheryl said...

This looks good!

Rita said...

Love it when the girls leave town to take on a case!

Tate 2 said...

Honolulu, Houston, New Orleans, now Boston....I'd love to be their travel agent-LOL!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

They do stay on the go!