Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Protected Future

As I expected....Whoever killed Chico and his two associates , disabled the street camera...So that they wouldn't be seen coming into his chop shop...
There were no cameras in the back alley way ,where they no doubt departed..
So I made a quick call to my headquarters...
It was a Sunday, so I knew no administrative staff was there, My five new investigators with ties to the intelligence community weren't there either...but Peeping Tom and Lockpick Johnson were there.(I wondered if these two were secretly living in the sub-basement of the building that housed
Morris Communications and Investigations..
They drove up in the back alley within minutes... They were both wearing Latex Gloves as I asked and carrying a bolt cutter... They had rounded up my five new operatives and brought them with them...
"Okay guys...We can't stay inside here too long..."I said..

They observed the three badly decomposing corpses....and winced at the smell...

"Pass me those..."said Kool Kat, who cut the chain lock that led to the back room....

It took Lockpick Johnson just minutes to crack the safe....

"Kevin...There's about 100 Large in here in cash...."

"Chico has been running a very lucrative car theft business..."I said..

"He's got ledgers here...with Names and adresses and payoff dates of all the people he's stolen cars for.." said Kool Kat...

One of my guys used a micro camera and took photos of every single page of all three ledgers...
Bonnie had a micro-camera...She did the same thing...

"Look, there is the car and there is a photo of my nephew and his present address..."said Bonnie..."as well as a phone number....Not the one he called me from.." she said..

"Of course not...He is at least smart enough not to use his registered phone number  to conduct this kind of business.."I said...

I put on some latex gloves and I removed the photo of the car her nephew stole and his photo and any information tying him to Chico..

''What are you doing?" asked Bonnie.
"I have to report this to the police...These guys have been dead about three days....I'm leaving the money and the ledger here, but all information that ties your nephew to this place is coming with us..To Protect his future...He's already in this up to his ears...The car is gone...Three guys are dead...This is a triple Homicide...There is a Loan Shark out there looking for him and whoever killed Chico and these guys is looking for him too..."I said..

Bonnie had tears in her eyes...

"Kevin,if we weren't both married,I could kiss you..." she said..
Kool Kat laughed..

"Well you could always kiss me.."he joked..Remembering a night some years ago

when he and Bonnie made sweet love all night..When she had first come back to Philadelphia after years of living in New York City...

Bonnie laughed..

"You need to stop...Didn't you just get married?" she said..
 Remembering the same night of hot passionate sex with Kool Kat....before she got back with her ex  and now current husband...

"I had to try.." he laughed..
"That ship has sailed Mr. Jones.." she laughed...
"Let's get out of here.." I said...

Bonnie, Kool Kat and I were parked three blocks down the street...

Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson and my five investigators got in the van and pulled out the backway ,so they wouldn't be caught on any cameras..

I had one of my investigators call C.I.D. headquarters on a burner phone...

He used a device to scramble his voice... He told them that there was three bodies  in the chop shop...




II-
Back at headquarters we went over what we had...
"When the police find these ledgers and read them...There is enough information in here to arrest at least 31 people, who had expensive cars stolen by Chico...

"Most of these guys have connection to Russian Mafia up in Little Norway....This is going to put a lot of em out of business.." said one of my investigators..

"What about the cars that were stolen?" asked Bonnie..

"They've been repainted, Phony license plates put on them and resold to other people..They probably won't get the cars back...But the ring is busted and the "customers are going away for a long time.."said Kool Kat...
"Our problem is this...This car was special and whoever the customer was...He or she didn't use their real name...and Chico was wired 100K the day before they were murdered...We have to trace the account. If I know right...It's from an off shore account somewhere that even now may be gone...To protect the identity and future of it's owner.."I said..
We didn't have much to go on, but it was a start...

"I called your nephew's business phone and his regular phone...Both are going to voicemail.."I said..

"Oh My God!"gasped Bonnie...

"Bonnie Don't think the worst... He's afraid...He's got a Loan Shark after him and he's got whoever killed Chico and his boys after him and if not for us...He'd have the police looking for him too.."said Kool Kat..."He's not going to answer his business phone...Chico gave him that phone...and he knows Chico and his boys are dead...So who would be calling him on that phone???...If he's smart..He's ditched that phone.."said Kool Kat...

"Hey Guys....I pinged the cell tower....I got a hit on that phone.."said Peeping Tom...

"Great...and we have his last known address..Maybe we'll luck up and find him..Let's go.."I said.

III-
And at the Grisly seen of the triple murder...Sissy and her detectives are already on the scene as is Hazel and a Detective from Auto Theft.

CSI people took photos and dusted for prints...and also checked for DNA...I imagined it was a lot...

 Detective Carlotta Rodriguez -Wallace looked at the main victim...

"I know this guy....This is Chico Carilla....Long suspected of running a car theft ring... He was shot in the head..execution style...All of his fingers broken." she said..


 "This guy here is Ellis Tuggle, Master Mechanic, Even better car thief...Long sheet...Recently paroled.. Same thing...multiple fractures...cigarette burns on the arms,legs, torso...Death caused by gun shot wound.."said Detective Tyriq Pile..
"My Guy here,... Melvin Porter..Same thing, long rap sheet, selling drugs, auto theft...grand larceny,also recently paroled.. Cause of death, GSW to the head...Tortured, broken fingers, cigarette burns."said Jimmy...
Auto Theft Detective Sgt. Eddie Colletti  observed the grisly sight..

"We've had these three on our radar for a year now....We suspected them of thirty-thirty one thefts of cars..Mostly brand new cars, right off the ships or shop floor..High line stuff...We suspected a connection to Russian gangsters, but we had little to nothing..We couldn't find this chop shop...We've searched for it for a long time..Thanks for calling me in on this Sissy...I know Lt. Tragg gives you guys a lot of guff..But a lot of us respect the work you guys do."he said.

"Don't say his name...I'm glad he's nowhere around...We can work this case in peace and keep it out of the newspapers for awhile.."said Sissy..

"Sissy, Eddie,look what I found...Somebody took a bolt cutter and cut this open and beat the safe..."said Detective Edwin "Duke" Baylor..

"There is over 100k in here in cash and ledgers...Three ledgers with a record of payoffs and names of people paid...and photos of the cars stolen..."said Detective Angela Belton-Barlow...

"Oh My God...We hit the mother lode here.."said Detective Sgt. Eddie Colletti..

"Yes indeed...Keith, look at this.."said Sissy..

"Thirty one people...All of em, Russian Organized Crime figures..."said ADA Keith Wallace..
"Chico did good work for these guys...Why kill him? Nobody knew about this place..It was perfect."said Sirena..
"That's a good question...They were tortured...Somebody wanted something...But what?"asked Sissy..

"There is a page missing in this ledger...I'm guessing they are looking for whoever stole the last car...I started out in Auto Theft when I first made Detective...I'm thinking...Maybe that last car theft was a trap car and Chico and his guys didn't realize it.."said Carlotta..


"A Trap Car?, What's a Trap Car?" asked ADA Keith Wallace..
"Drug suppliers often ship a package in a brand new car....to the states...because we are looking for a ship or a plane..Very seldom a car..They call it a "Trap Car" on the streets."said Duke..
"It doesn't happen often because you can't hide large loads...but you can hide just enough..."said Tyriq.

"Right and the customer asked for this car...But even they might not have known the cargo the car was carrying.."said Sirena..

"My guess is...These guys didn't know either..and they unloaded the car quick...The Drug boys came here and tortured them...Couldn't get any information from them and shot them to death.."said Angie..

"You're right..but I'm thinking...Whoever ordered this car...HAD to know it was a trap car!"said Eddie Colletti....
Detective Tony Hopkins walked in with six uniformed officers..

"The killers disconnected and disabled the street cam and the one at the corner.. There is no one in this neighborhood for blocks..We couldn't find anybody sober or drunk that saw or heard anything.."said a frustrated Hop..
"There's enough DNA and prints in here to maybe get something...once we eliminate the dead guys.."said Sissy..
"That missing page is the key to this whole thing...It tells us which car was stolen and who stole it for them.."said Jimmy...

"Maybe the car thief came back here to get paid and  found them dead and stole it to protect his future.."said Carlotta..

"No Lotta.!!..He, whoever he is came back here and saw this and got out of dodge..They probably freaked out..I'm thinking the killers came back and stole that page..Look at all the money and information they left behind..100 K. And they obviously didn't care about the other names in the ledger..Whoever they are...They aren't in the ledger.."said Angie..
''Well it's obviously a special car...because they left 100 large in the safe.."said Hop...
"Good Points.."said Sissy..

"Well would you guys like to help me take some doors???...I know 30 or 31 people who are about to get the shock of their lives.."said Detective Sgt. Eddie Colletti...who was already calling up re-inforcements....

"Certainly Eddie...Who knows? We might get lucky...One of them might know something."said Duke..
"I'll get the warrants written up right now.I know a judge that'll scan the warrants to my phone.."said ADA Keith Wallace...
"Can we release the bodies?" asked Hazel..
"Yes..We are finished here." said Sissy..
They watched solemnly as the three nearly mummified bodies were carted out...
''Wow...and today started off so nice in Josies with that great brunch.."said Hazel..
 "I know right?" said Carlotta...
 "I know right?" said Angie...
"I know right?" said Sirena..

IV-
Meanwhile, Kool Kat, Bonnie Shay, myself and Lockpick Johnson found Delroy Green's phone..It was in a trash can at the corner of the block where he was listed as living...



Lockpick Johnson got us inside his apartment..only to find...

"Nothing!


 He's long gone...."said Bonnie Shay....

"That's why he ditched the phone so close to where he was listed as living...No way to trace him...His trail is cold again." said Kool Kat...
"You think he left town Bonnie? He got any people anywhere?" I asked..

"No..He doesn't..He does have a new car..but I don't know what it looks like.."said Bonnie..

"I can find that out...That might help us find him..."I said.. I looked up at the sky...

I sighed..

"I think your nephew is still alive....By now the cops have found those bodies ,those ledgers ,that money and the photos of the stolen cars...I know 31 Russian gangsters that are going to be arrested in the next few hours...So that was some progress..Let's go home, Get some sleep guys...And begin the hunt again tomorrow.."I said.

"Thank you so much Kevin..."said Bonnie...
"If I hear anything in the meanwhile Bon-Bon..I'll let you know.."I said..Then turned to Kool Kat...

"We need to find out who the juice man is that has papers on him, we need to find out who has the hot package in the area and maybe if we look up this girlfriend of his, we'll get somewhere.."I said..

"Good Idea...I'll ask around...Find out who's got the package on the streets....I might even find out who has got the marker on him."said Kool Kat..

"I think I can find out the girlfriend's whereabouts.."said Bonnie Shay...

"Good...Let's go home."I said...
It had been quite a day indeed..

 I took one last look at the empty apartment as we left..


Sepia was at the door when I got home...

"Busy day huh?" she said..
"You don't know the half of it.." I said...


(TO BE CONTINUED)


2 comments:

Swaggie said...

Another Great Episode....Love this stuff!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I'm Loving this too! Love the way Kevin and his crew gets down.