Thursday, November 22, 2018

Wrong Address


"We got everything Bae?" asked Monica as we straightened up.....
"Yeah"I said.
"Okay..let's go.." she said..
I pulled her to me and kissed her....

"That was just because right? And you like me in these tight pants...." she said.

I know she had read my mind...
"I gotta get used to you..."I said..

''We've been married almost three years and you've known me for almost five years...You aren't used to me yet bae?" she asked and smiled..
She kissed me again...

"Ummmmm that's because I know you wanted that.." she said.. "Come on...Let's go.." she said..

Just then our doorbell rang....

Monica answered the door...

A Man, about 37 or 38 years old was at the door...He seemed a bit shy...

"Hi..I-I'm Arthur Jenkins...I-I uh live next door...I uh am your neighbor...I-I uh just came to welcome you into the neighborhood.."he said..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww how nice..."said Monica..."But we were just here for the night...We are leaving this morning...The Detective who lives here allowed us to use it while he is visiting friends on the surface in Philadelphia.."said Monica sweetly...

He smiled..

"Oh...Awww..I was hoping you and your boyfriend would be staying longer.." he said..

"That's my husband....and my partner..."she said pointing to me as I picked up our two bags...

I shook his hand...

"Hi...I'm Detective Nate Nellis...Philadelphia Homicide...and this is my wife and partner..Detective Monica Nellis, Philadelphia Homicide.." I said..
Monica could sense a great deal of fear in the young man....

"Oh? Detectives....From Philly....What are you doing here?" he asked...

"We were chasing down a lead to a case we are working on...We are done....We are going home now.."I said..

"Who, Who Who died?" asked the young man...

"Nobody you need to worry about..."I said diplomatically...

'Well....Have a good trip back....I uh, I have to go and see about my mother...She's uh upstairs sleeping...She'll be waking up soon.." he said..and walked back to his house..

"Something about that guy gave me the creeps bae.."said Monica..

"Yeah, me too! He was kind of creepy!" I said..

"He was aroused when he saw me....and as soon as I mentioned we were cops, he got nervous, frightened..." said Monica.

"A guy his age...living with his mother and listening through the wall at us making love...Yeah, he's kind of creepy...Let's get out of here.." I said..
We caught the Aqua Uber and headed toward the midtown area of Lemuria..
and breakfast!

II-
Monica found us a nice restaurant.....The ceiling above it had a nice view of the ocean and sea life...Fish swimming by in schools....

"Mo-Mo....How did you know about this place?" I asked..

She looked at her smartwatch...
"I read up on it..." she said with a smile...
We ordered Omelets....

"These are real eggs right?" I asked..

"Whale Eggs !" said Monica with tongue in cheek....
I gave her the serious side eye..

"That's not funny bae." I said..

Monica cracked up....

"Real eggs silly..." she said.."I was kidding.."she said..

We finished our breakfast and topped it off with some hot coffee.

*********************************************************************************
While next door to the AirBNB where we were staying....

"YA DAMN FOOL ARTHUR, WHO TOLD YOU TO GO OVER THERE?" screamed the elderly woman...

"Mother ,I was just being neighborly...Trying to find out who they were..."said Arthur...

"THEY ARE COPS!   THEY'RE INVESTIGATING THE DEATH OF THAT FLOOZY...WE'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE!!! THEY'RE ON TO US.."screamed the woman...

"No they're not...If they were they would have arrested us....They said they were finished with their investigation..." said Arthur..

"YOU DON'T HAVE THE DAMN SENSE YOU WERE BORN WITH....THAT GIRL LIVED IN THE SAME APARTMENT THEY WERE STAYING IN....THEY WERE PROBABLY LOOKIN FOR CLUES!!   I SHOT THAT WOMAN...I'M TOO OLD TO GO TO JAIL!!!"

"Mother Please , you're being overly dramatic!"

"I SWEAR YOU ARE NOT ONLY A HALF OF A MAN...YOU'RE A STUPID HALF OF A MAN....YOU BUSY LOOKING AT THAT DAMN WOMAN NAKED, DOIN THE NASTY WITH HER HUSBAND!!! AND YOU GOT TURNED ON...LIKE SHE WOULD WANT YOU AFTER THE WAY HER MAN PUT IT DOWN!    YOU ARE A STUPID EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING!!!" screamed the woman...

"Mother Please!  Your words hurt!!!" said Arthur....

"MOTHER PLEASE!!! LISTEN AT YOU,PATHETIC HALF MAN." laughed the old woman spitefully...

"Mother pleassssssssssssssssse" said Arthur, breaking into tears.....

********************************************************************************

I paid the bill.....

"Okay...Let's head to the police department..."I said..

"I made reservations for our transport sub on my smartwatch."said Monica.

as she looked at her new toy...


The Aqua Uber Arrived and we headed towards the Lemuria Police Department...

III-
Meanwhile...In another part of time, ADA Todd Detrick talks to the Aqua Uber Driver that had picked us up the night before..

"Where did you take them....And mind you...I know the Philadelphia Police Commissioner and I eat and play golf regularly with the Mayor of Philadelphia...I may be the next D.A.  So don't lie to me."he said.

"What has that got to do with me? I drive an Aqua Uber.."said the driver...

"Don't piss me off...This is part of a very important investigation...."said Todd..

He drove him up to our Aqua AIRBNB....

"I dropped em off at uh one of these two places..I'm not sure which,it was last night...One of these two..." said the driver..

"You're not sure..YOU'RE NOT SURE!!!" bellowed Todd..

"HEY MAN ,GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CAR!!" screamed the driver...

"I'm taking down your name...When I become D.A.  I'll remember you."screamed Todd as the Aqua Uber drove off...

Monica and I arrived at Lemuria Police Headquarters...
"I'm Detective Nate Nellis, Philadelphia Police and this is my wife, and partner, Detective Monica Nellis.." I said..

"Pleased to meet you.." said Monica..

"We were told you two were coming...Your Lieutenant called us... He said for you guys to call headquarters in Philly as soon as you got here..a Detective Kylie White.." said the Lieutenant there..

Monica called Philadelphia..

Her sister, Monique answered....

"Hi Sissy....I miss you..."said Monique....

"I was getting ready to ask you what are you doing answering Lieutenant Cotton's phone...but what was I thinking..."laughed Monica..   "I miss you too Sissy....Can you transfer me to Kylie?"asked Monica..

"Sure..What time should I expect you?" asked Monique...


"Around 4:00 pm this afternoon.."said Monica..

"Good...Okay,I'll transfer you to Kylie..."said Monique...
Kylie answered...

"Hey Mo-Mo...Listen...Are you and Nate out of that Aqua AirBNB?" she asked..

"Oh yeah...we checked out this morning....We are at police headquarters giving them an update and then we are headed for Aquaport to come home..."said Monica..


''We got camera footage from Aquaport of a mini sub surfacing in the dry dock area of Aquaport...and a man with a bodybag opening it and laying our murdered suspect on the dock...You were right...Alexi was murdered somewhere else ...More than likely Lemuria and brought to the surface...We got the man on film and I did a facial recognition....It's a man named Arthur Jenkins.."said Kylie..

"Arthur Jenkins!! Why does that name ring a bell?" asked Monica..

"He was staying in the apartment right next door to where you and Nate were staying and we found out from Lt. Cotton's friend, who is here now...That he had met Alexi and she was staying in the same spot ,you and Nate stayed in..."said Kylie..

"Wow!  We met this Arthur Jenkins...He and his mother were staying next door to us.." I said..

"His Mother?" asked Kylie..

"Yeah...We didn't meet her...We met him this morning...but we heard her screaming and hollering at him through the walls.."I said..

"You couldn't have heard his mother..."said Kylie..

"We did...We heard both of them through the walls.."said Monica..

"Nate...Mo..Mo...His mother has been dead for FIFTEEN YEARS!!!!!!....He poisoned her....He was found to be insane...He spent 17 years in a mental institution...He was just released a few months ago..." said Kylie...
"Oh My God!!! And he's definitely the man you saw on the video putting the dead body of Alexi on the dry dock?" asked Monica..

"It's definitely him!!! He's possibly your killer...We thought Zydeck and Detrick killed her...but they just wanted to make sure she didn't have any incriminating evidence against them....We've already picked Zydeck up and we have a warrant for Detrick's arrest when he returns for conspiracy ,Obstruction of Justice and Jury Tampering..."said Kylie..

"But not Murder....Wow!!!!  Looks like our little murder case has spun out of control....."I said..

"I'm just glad you guys are alright.."said Kylie..

"Thanks Kylie.." said Monica..
"Lieutenant...We need some of your guys...We need to check out a possible murder suspect"I said..

IV-
Todd Detrick rang the doorbell...

Arthur Jenkins answered the door..

"Can I help you sir?" he said..

"Are two Detectives here from Philadelphia? I need to talk to them." he bellowed..

"Oh the married couple....They were next door...But they've gone...They left this morning." Arthur Jenkins said..

"Oh yeah....I'll see about that!" he bellowed and knocked on the door...The door was open..He walked in...

He looked around...He couldn't see a trace of us...He then went next door again....

"Where did they say they were going?" he asked..

"They didn't say...I spoke to them briefly...Excuse me...My mother is upstairs...She 's calling me.."said Arthur...

"I didn't hear anybody..." said Todd, who grabbed Arthur by the arm..

"Take your hands off of me..." said Arthur, "Get out of my house.." he ordered...

"You seem pretty cagey to me..."said Todd..

"Excuse me.."said Arthur ,who went up the stairs to his mother's room...

Todd saw what looked like an old woman coming down the stairs ...but he could clearly see it was a man in drag....

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" he asked..

The woman or whoever pulled out a gun...

"YOU'RE GOING TO LEAVE MY BOY ALONE!" came the voice of a woman, who fired three times...

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  I don't believe it...Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've been shot!!!!!!! "screamed Todd Detrick grabbing his chest...

He fell to the living room floor and died shortly.....His lifeless eyes staring at the ceiling...

"WE'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!"screamed the old woman...

"OHHHH MOTHER...MURDER!!!!! YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!!" came the voice of Arthur Jenkins...

"I DID IT TO SAVE YOU, YA DAMN FOOL ,NOW PACK A BAG AND LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" came the woman's voice.


(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments: