Sunday, December 23, 2018

Bimini

PHILADELPHIA- A FEW DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS- 2042
Our Friend Zig, owner of the popular riverfront watering hole we all hung out at occassionally and our confidential informant invited us all out to his new venture...

It was just days before Christmas...
"Wow Zigs...That thing sure looks odd sitting out in your harbor like that..."said my wife and partner in Homicide..Detective Monica Nellis..

"Yeah...We've been so busy..We haven't been around to check it out...Didn't know anybody was building anything..." I said.. I am Detective Nate Nellis, Homicide..
A Huge multifaceted structure sat out in the harbor...facing us...
"THAT thing is my new venture...I have partnered with a man named Nick Ventura, a venture capitalist...Who had that built...It's an underwater bar and restaurant...I'm about to take you all there..." said Ziggy..
"Ouuuuuuuuuu I'm down.." said my wife's identical twin sister , my sister in law, Dr.Monique Cotton.. Philadelphia County Medical Examiner...
"There is real food there right? No Soy Bean products?" asked Detective Kylie White , who sometimes assisted us in our investigations..
"Yes it's real food, this isn't Lemuria or Octopus Gardens...We aren't that deep beneath the ocean..We have food shipped down to us daily..This is Bimini..."said Zig...

"Good then I'm ordering a nice thick juicy steak.."said Lieutenant Cotton, our supervisor and my brother in law...
"That ought to make you happy , eh partner?" said Monica..
"Yupper.." I said...
"Let's man the Hyper Subs...They are headed over.."said Ziggy...
We boarded the Hyper Subs...They only carried two people at a time...


Monica and I took the first one out.

Kylie rode with Ziggy

And Lt. Cotton and Monique rode the third one over...
We rode out to that strange Resort protruding from the water.......
Not knowing we were heading into yet another strange case...

II-
It was beautiful inside...but that was just the beginning...We took an elevator down, deep down beneath the ocean's surface..Well really not that deep...The ride was quick and lasted about 15 minutes...
The Bar was incredible....
Drinks were served...
 "Ziggy these drinks are delish..." said Monica, sipping her drinks..
"Yes and powerful too...Wow!" said Monique...
I spied the crowd...
Which was enjoying the D.J. who had cued up his playlist on his computer screen and had incredible music blasting from his speakers...The crowds were dancing up a storm...

Kylie looked out the window..
There was a Santa Claus with Scuba equipment on, with a sleigh being pulled by huge sea horses.... She gave Ziggy the side eye...

''Really Zigs? Really?" she said..laughing at how corny it looked...



Lt. Cotton, Monique, Monica and I cracked up laughing....
"The uh Sea Horses are Androids....It's uh Christmas....I thought it was a nice theme..."said Ziggy,laughing...
as we all watched the procession....
"This is so you Zigs"laughed Lt. Cotton..
As we enjoyed our night out....Under the surface of the sea..



III-
Unknown to us...While we were dancing and drinking...In a room not too far from us...A sinister conversation was going on....

"Look, Mr. Ventura....You've made your point...I'll leave...I'll take my entire operation off the waterfront..Please..Please!!!! "the man begged...

"Sorry Bubbie...But you were warned more than once...Twice to be exact...I can't have any drug dealing in this area, especially not with my legitimate business venture here.."said Nick Ventura.

"Okay...Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy...I'll leave...I swear..." said the frightened man..

"Time's Up Bubbie..."said Kirk Ventura...

One of he two men holding the man named Bubbie injected him in the neck with a syringe..

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!" the man blubbered...Within minutes he slumped
down...He was unconscious...

Nick Ventura smiled..

"It's better this way....At least he'll be asleep...Dunk him...." he said and walked away...

The two men dunked him in a water tank......He struggled a little and then he died......
They left his body in the water tank, clad in only a pair of white boxer shorts....His lifeless eyes staring straight ahead....
"Damn Bubbie, I always liked you....I gave you two chances to walk away from this....Sorry...Can't have your type of business in this area where my business is..." said Nick Ventura...

He looked at his two henchmen...

"Get him out of here, flush him into the ocean..." he said and walked away...

IV-
The evening wore on...
''So you guys got any open murder cases?"asked Ziggy

"Nope! all closed...We are still hunting for a guy who got away from us...but that's it.."I said..
"And that's sooo cool, I get to go home on time every night and just be with my husband.."said Monica, putting her arms around me and hugging me..
"So don't jinx us Zig..Don't ask us about any murder..."said Kylie..

"Yeah...It's the holidays...Nobody wants to be trying to solve a Homicide.."said Monique...
"Yeah,I can imagine.." said Ziggy as he ordered another round of drinks...

Just then, we heard a loud scream.......

"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"  It was a woman!!!!

Then another!!

"AIYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ,it was another woman..

Two drunken guests had wandered into the back room by accident after leaving the ladies room.


"Sounds like it was coming from that direction !" said Lt. Cotton, who got up...

I got up too..



Mo Mo, Monique and Kylie got up and followed us..
So did Ziggy....


Someone...a drunken customer had wandered beyond the bar and into the back room, the back room that said Management only..

And there floating in a water tank was a man ,clad only in his boxers.....His lifeless eyes staring ahead at us...

"Think he fell in there?" I asked..

Monica shook her head...

"Not a chance.."
Kylie punched  Ziggy in the shoulder..

"You Jinxed us Zigs" she said..

"Geez Louise.." was all Ziggy could utter..

(TO BE CONTINUED)


3 comments:

Toni said...

Didn't see this...It looks good!

Angie B. said...

Just now seeing these...Gotta Binge Read!

Sunflower said...

Wow! You're working overtime...Escapades everyday huh?