Monday, December 3, 2018

Woman Of The Hour

Attorney Yvette Jones knew about this restaurant, but she had never been here.....
She liked the ambiance of it...She had to ask Gary to bring her here the next time she saw him...
Her drink arrived.....
She smiled...

"I want to thank you Micheal for inviting me here....I've heard of this place and always been curious about it."she said..

The Partners dined and drank here often....She was never invited...Unlike some of the other Sr. Associate Attorneys....This was a first...Maybe she was moving up after all...
 "Oh you're welcome Yvette, you're welcome....I'm surprised you've never been here...The Partners dine and drink here all the time....Some of the other Sr. Associate Attorneys have also been here.."said Attorney Micheal Pratt...One of the partners....The only partner ,who was not a founding partner of Conner /Mcklusky/Cozen and Pratt, Attorneys at Law... The High priced law firm Yvette was employed at...
"Guess I'm not in the club.."said Yvette matter of factly....She had an idea why she was never invited..

She had been the firms only African -American Attorney and had only recently become a Sr. Associate when she got the assignment to bring "Diversity to the firm...."  That Diversity was me,
Attorney Keith Jones,
The love of my life, Attorney Beatrice " Bee Bee" Evans...
Her childhood friend, Attorney Sofia Garcia..

 Attorney Khalil Ahmed....Sofia's boyfriend....
and investigator, Jade Lee...

We represented the spectrum of diversity............Black, Latina, Arab and Asian
Yvette had been made our supervisor, given a bigger office and more money and three small offices for us...


Khalil and I shared an office and

Bee Bee and Sofia shared an office...
And Jade had a small office to herself...It was better than being in cubicles at any rate.

We appeared to have a floor to ourselves and we rarely interacted with the other attorneys at the firm... We saw them at all staff meetings and in the cafeteria, but that was it...
 Mr. McClusky was the only one of the partners who even talked to us on a regular basis...Mr. Conner and Mr. Cozen stopped by the office once a year if that...I doubt if any of us had ever seen them more than once...
Micheal Pratt was in London at our international office....This was our first time ever meeting him and the four of us had been here a year..He had just started coming around in the past month....

He had taken Ms.Yvette to lunch three times, since he'd been back
We were beginning to wonder what was going on...

II-


 At our office that very day.....
"Wow! This is what...The fourth time Mike Pratt has taken Ms. Yvette to lunch....I wonder what's going on?" asked Bee Bee with a wry smile..
 "I know....I wonder if Gary has anything to worry about..."laughed Sofia...

"Nah....This guy seems like a hustler to me...I think he wants something..."said Khalil..
"I'll just bet he does want something..."I joked and started laughing at my own joke...

"Shame on you guys.....Maybe Ms. Yvette is about to finally make partner..."said Ms. Jade...




III-
 And at the restaurant.....

Micheal and Yvette were still talking...

"Yvette, your star is rising....You brought in four great new attorneys...They are doing great work...Every body is talking about them....And your investigator....She's great too....You're doing a great job...You're in the eyes of the partners....You're the woman of the hour.."said Micheal Pratt..

''Woman of the Hour huh?" laughed Yvette..
"Yes....I'm serious....Which brings me to why I am here with you.."said Micheal Pratt...

Yvette had wondered why he was giving her so much attention lately and she was pretty sure it wasn't romantic or sexual....She knew when a guy was leaning that way...She saw no evidence of it here at all.

 "I need your help on a case...."said Micheal Pratt...
"So All of this , four lunches ,drinks was so you could ask me to take on a client?  You're a Partner, All you had to do was assign me the client...It's not like I could say no.."said Yvette ,smiling and relieved that this wasn't a sexual come on...

"Maybe with the other Associate Attorneys or even some Senior Associate Attorneys, but not with you Yvette....You're the Woman of The Hour...I told you...The partners have their eyes on you...You're in line for big things...I was told hands off you unless you agreed....Huh?  That's something huh? I'm a partner and I was told that by Bill McClusky himself...a founding partner." said Micheal Pratt...

"Big Things like my name being placed on the banner... Cozen/McCluskey/Conner/Pratt & Jones." she said, smiling...

 "Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll, I can't say....but you certainly are being looked at..."said Micheal Pratt..

"You Know...Mr. Cozen and Mr. Connor told me the same thing when they asked me to put together a "Diversity Team" and bring in some  let's see , how did they say it..."Talented young minority attorneys"  I did that, I'm managing them and they're doing good work and let's see, I've gotten a bigger office and a little more money and ....my name still isn't on that banner..." said Yvette, smiling..but very serious about what she was saying...

"Yvette, Yvette, All things in time.......I didn't make partner overnight..."he laughed nervously....

Yvette remembered it another way...Seems like Michael Pratt did make partner over night. She  smiled remembering...Micheal Pratt had started after she and Miles Ellis..He was from Harvard Law School...
Miles Ellis was on the fast track to making partner...It was all but assured and then...
Mike Pratt had made it.... But she and Miles had been there a year before Mike Pratt and had worked really hard...And he had come in and made Partner...seemingly overnight!!!

Miles left the firm behind that....

She stayed on...The loyal company girl....and she was only a little better off than when she started...
This job paid the bills....She had a beautiful apartment downtown at the time...and drove a Lexus with her initials monogrammed on the side...She couldn't just up and leave... Plus..now that she had us




She had a new purpose..She enjoyed practicing law again....
"So who is this client? He or She must be a heavy hitter..."said Yvette...

"Yes indeed....The heaviest....Neil McGhan...Ever heard of him?" asked Mike Pratt..
"Wait a minute....THE NEIL MCGHAN....the Billionaire Venture Capitalist?" asked Yvette, now very interested....

"Yes....I met him when I was in London at our International Offices....We became friends...Went to a couple of Soccer Matches....He became a client of our firm..He has us on retainer..." said Mike Pratt..

''What about him?" asked Yvette..
"He is under indictment for the murder of his uh..lady .friend...."said Mike Pratt..

"You mean his mistress....I know he's married.....I watch the news occassionally"said Yvette..
"See you're the Woman of the Hour Yvette....Nothing gets by you....I was able to get bail for him and get him released ....but these are serious charges...Very Serious charges...I have very rarely tried any cases of this type in court....I happen to know you're a damn good Trial Attorney....I want you to be second chair on this case...I can use the assistance of your young attorneys too if they are available.."said Mike Pratt...
"Are you serious Mike?" asked Yvette...
"Very Serious Yvette....We win this case...We win this case and he'll send more clients to our firm....More retainer fees....BIG RETAINER FEES!!!Heavy Hitters like him...It's a favor...I WON'T FORGET...Next year when your review comes around...You know what I'm saying?" he asked Yvette..

"Deal...When do we begin?" asked Yvette...

"In two days there is a preliminary hearing in court....Uh there is uh one little thing I think I should mention..."said Mike..

"And what is that?" asked Yvette...
"The Assistant District Attorney trying this case is a former employee of this firm...."said Mike Pratt..
"Really??? Do I know Him or Her?" asked Yvette...

"You sure do....He used to be your supervisor and he was your client not long ago..
Miles Ellis...He's an ADA now....This won't be a problem will it?" asked Mike Pratt...

"No, Not at all...Let me get my team together...We'll see you in two days.." said Yvette..

"That's why you're the woman of the hour babes!"laughed Mike Pratt...

IV-
Yvette rang Gary's doorbell...
Gary opened the door....He just marveled at her legs and her great shape.....
"You gonna let me in or are you gonna stand there and ogle me?" asked Yvette in a dead pan manner...though she secretly loved the way Gary made her feel so desirable...
Gary pulled her inside gently and closed the door...He was still staring at her and feeling like pinching himself for being so lucky to have her...He had lusted after Yvette for years and never dreamed of a day like this...When she'd actually be his girlfriend!
He didn't utter a word...He kissed her slowly and passionately, trying to savor every second...
"I had a great day today..."said Yvette, coming up for air....

"I'm having a great day right now..."Gary said, continuing to kiss Yvette in the lips, on the cheek, neck and ears...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.."he moaned..running his hands up her short mini skirt and rubbing her legs ,hips and buttocks...
"I can see and uh feel that.....My goodness Gary....Anyway...I'm going to be working second chair with one of the partners...on a career making case...He said it's a favor he won't soon forget...I could make partner by this time next year...."she gushed...

"That's great!!!....What Happens to the kids?"asked Gary...

"They'll be fine...They're growing in leaps and bounds by the day and all four of them have won their last three cases....


Sofia ,Khalil and Bee Bee just finished helping





Liv, Bev ,Nelson,Josie and Donnie Ray on a class action suit that was very successful and
Keith just won three very successful murder cases on his own...And was finished the last one in time to help the others with that class action suit..They are going to be fine...


They won't need me to supervise them forever..I see the four of them going on to much bigger and better things..Maybe elsewhere...Any firm would be lucky to have them..."said Yvette.
Gary had slipped her mini skirt off by now and was kissing her even more intensely...running his hands down in her panties...

"That's great baby...Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..I'm lucky to have you right now..ummmmmm"he moaned...
Yvette slowly took his suit jacket off, untied his tie and took his shirt off...He had already stepped out of his trousers and suit jacket....Yvette took his shirt off...

"MY GOOODNESS GARY, WOOOOOOOO...DID YOU TAKE A PILL OR SOMETHING?  I-I MEAN...Woooooooooooooooo,look at you...That thing is ....UP!" she said...
"I don't need a pill baby....You're my pill..."said Gary...

"You are too smooth...You know what to say to get me moist..." laughed Yvette..
They wound up on his bed...kissing and fondling each other....

Yvette began moving up and down, slowly on Gary....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned...

"MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOODNESSS GARY..Were you like this all day? Or Just when you saw me?" she asked.."Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she moaned...surprised at how fast she was climaxing...and shaking....trembling...

"I've been like this all day....Just thinking about you..." he said...

"I think you think about me too much.." said Yvette..."Ummmmmmmmmph.."she moaned...

"Be glad I think about you the way I do...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmy godddd!" said Gary...

"I am glad baby....I ...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lawdddddddddddddddd...I am.." said Yvette as the bed began to squeak and the headboard began to rattle..She was having an intense orgasm.....This was the second one in so many minutes......
Eventually they wound up on his bed making sweet love......Yvette smiled...She was so lucky to have a man as fine as Gary and as good in bed as he was....

At Our Apartment....Bee Bee was lying in bed with me...I had my arms around her..

"Bae...You ever think about the future?" asked Bee Bee..
"What do you mean?" I asked..

"Like how long we'll be working at Connor/Mcklusky/Cozen and Pratt...I mean it's nice for our resumes and all, but I feel one day I might leave here...I was talking to Olivia and Beverly and they said they are looking to expand..Add some more attorneys..I know Josie is in the works and Olivia said she and Beverly are working on Nelson...and after that they'd have two spots open...That could be two of us, but not all four.."said Bee Bee..
"I know you'd love working for them....I would too...but I have dreams of starting my own practice one day..Like Olivia and Beverly did.."I said..



 Sofia and Khalil are really into these Immigration cases...Sofia told me that both of them have discussed  going to work for the Immigration Department or the ACLU....Not now, but in the future...But right now...They love us and the camraderie we have..."said Bee Bee...
''Wow, the breaking up of the band...We do have something special...The Four of Us."I said..
"Well we thought after law school we were all going to be going our separate ways anyway...And here we are still living together just like in college. and working together...Who thought that? That we'd all still be together..And coupled up too...In college we were just friends...Now we are all booed up.." said Bee Bee..

"Yeah, that is different..We are couples now!..Regardless of what happens...Wherever we all wind up ,This will always be a special time in my life...When the four of us were together...Starting out..And we'll always be close...The four of us...We are family Bee Bee.."I said..

"I know..Me and Sofia have known each other since we were five.....I like the chemistry and camraderie the four of us have...I love Ms.Yvette and Ms. Jade...And as much as I love Olivia and Beverly...I like our team too!  We got a good team..."said Bee Bee..

I took her glasses off...
We kissed passionately.....

"Ummm that's for the team...and closeness..."I said in between kisses..

"Yesssssssssssssssssssssss, closeness baby....Like me and you right nowwwwwwwwwwwww...Ummmmmmmmmmm.." she moaned  as my bed began to creak underneath our weight... 

"Yesssssssssssssss...Yesssssssssssssssssssssss......Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bee Bee.." I cried out...

"Say my name baby....Say my nammeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."squealed Bee Bee...
as we rolled around on top of my bed...kissing and fondling each other...No longer possibly pondering an uncertain future...

(TO BE CONTINUED)


12 comments:

Toni said...

Hope Ms. Yvette doesn't drink the kool aid...These guys have no intention of making her partner...This guy Pratt just needs a favor !

Angie B. said...

Poor Ms. Yvette, She's so hopeful ,So sure she's going to make partner...I just don't see it happening.

Lisa said...

Yvette and Olivia should join forces...Maybe expand their office...They've worked together before...Could you imagine them in one big firm ? They'd be unstoppable..

Sunflower said...

Nice Idea..But I doubt they could work out of her Duplex/office..It doesn't appear big enough...But the thought is amazing..

Halo said...

Olivia and Yvette could buy or rather rent some office space...Yvette and her team could work out of there as an extension or satellite office...Olivia and Beverly would be in the main office at their duplex...

Vanessa said...

All Great ideas, but probably not going to happen anytime soon.....For now...This guy needs a favor...He has a well heeled client who is in a jam...Let's see what happens from there.

Rita said...

I agree,Ms. Yvette should not drink the kool aid...These guys have no intention of making her partner.

Brenda said...

This still looks intruiging....I'm going to wait and see how it develops!

Cheryl said...

I don't want to see Ms. Yvette disappointed again...Looks like Bee Bee at least has plans of moving on to Olivia's practice one day...Sofia and Kahlil have future plans too as well as Keith's ambition...Which they should have..They're young Attorneys....Ms. Yvette should seriously start thinking about her future apart from that firm...Like Olivia did...

George S. said...

I could see Yvette either teaming up with Olivia or starting her own firm and taking the kids and Ms. Jade with her... Olivia started her firm with far less...Beverly wasn't in her original plans...And she didn't know Josie yet...All she knew was she wanted to be her own boss...Her niece joined her as a second attorney and Josie joined her and of course Donnie Ray...and look what they've done...Yvette would have four young attorneys and an investigator...It could be done...

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and throwing my panties...

SLC said...

Not throwing my draws.
Not as trusting or hopeful as Yvette.
Start hhe own firm with her crew.