Thursday, December 27, 2018

In Shallow Waters

The body lie in the shallow part of the river....Silently, almost peacefully......face down, arms stretched out and the muddy water was slightly auburn.....mixed with the victim's blood....

Monique put on cute little rubber booties and waded out into the water....A lot of the guys with her were admiring her pretty legs, his nice shape and how her cute little mini skirt accentuated her every curve...My sister in law was a beautiful woman...
They were equally amazed at the beauty of her identical twin sister, who I was married to...  Monica, Detective Monica Talbert Nellis watched as her sister and a few people turned the body over...

His throat had been slit....He had lost a lot of blood...

"Oh My god..."  said Monica..

"Because he's not totally submerged...I'm able to take body temp.....He's been dead about six to seven hours...I'd say..." said Monique..
"So he died last night..."I said...

I had put on some booties too and waded out to the water...

I found a gun on him and a silencer..
"Whoa...Look at this...Our Boy was no angel.."I said, smiling... I passed the gun to a uniformed officer..

"Bag and tag.."I said..
"I know this guy....His name is Flint Robinson.....Gun for hire...On the street they say that if he has a contract on you, you might as well take a gun and kill yourself ,because he will get you.."said Kylie.

"Yeah ,well somebody got to him..."I said..

"Detective, come look at this.."said a uniformed officer who checked out a dumpster...

"It's a woman's wig and a bra......and a pair of panties...and a black dress and black heels...These shoes are kind of big...almost as if they were custom made...oh and look, a blade...and it's got blood on it..Bag all of this and tag this.." said Monica...
Lt. Cotton walked up....

"What have we got here?" he asked..

Then he did a double take...

"Flint Robinson..!!!! Somebody hit Flint? Whoaaaaaaaaaaa this is major....He's like a suspect in 12 contract killings....We could never put a tag on him.."said Lt. Cotton ,nearly laughing...

He put a gardenia on Monique and Monica..

He hugged Monique and kissed her on the cheek...She giggled..He kissed Monica on the cheek also...
"We got a major killer here....I almost don't care who hit him..." he laughed...
The recovery team brought his body in from the shallow water...
This week it seemed like the bodies were falling left and right...First a man in a water tank....His two killers found floating in the river...and now this guy....




II-
Some Hours later we all met at the Medical Examiner's Office....Monique said she had some  "Mind Blowing "information for us...

Lt. Cotton led me, Mo Mo and Kylie into Monique's office...
 "You said this was important Sugar Baby....We are all ears.."said Lt. Cotton..
 "Considering we solved one murder and now have three open murders...I hope it's good news.."I said.
 "Or is it more loose ends?" asked Monica..
"Just tell us Monique!" said Kylie softly..

"We ran ballistics on the gun found on Mr. Robinson....You know those 12 murders you said he's a suspect in?  The ballistics match....This is the gun...It's his gun...This ties him to all 12...you have 14 clearences now.."said Monique..

"14?  You said 12."said Lt. Cotton...
"The two men you found in the river a few days ago...Mr.Tolstoy and Mr. Wells....This gun is a match to the bullets that ended their lives...Mr. Robinson here..Flip Robinson....is your killer!"said Monique, smiling...
"WOW!  Look at that....Three murders down!"I said and high fived Kylie..

"The killers just floated into our laps....Tank boy's killers are found in the river the next day and two days later...Their murders are down..."laughed Kylie...

"That's great, but who KILLED HIM?" asked Monica..
"She's right.....This all centers around Bubbie...His drug business and the types of people it attracted , drug dealers and junkies would have been bad for Nick Ventura's business...He couldn't have that...and so he had him eliminated...His two would be killers screwed up and allowed the body to be discovered on his property and they left their prints on the tank...They had to go...."said Lt. Cotton..

"Okay, but why kill Flip? We didn't have a clue he was involved in this..?" I said..

"Why don't we ask him? "said Monica..
"Good Idea...Bring him in..." said Lt. Cotton...

III-
 Nick Ventura sat in the interrogation room...He looked more aggravated than anything else...
He did enjoy peaking at Kylie's breasts when she came in....He had coffee and he smoked a cigarette...
Kylie said nothing to him...
"Come on detective you can talk to me...We don't have to play these games.."said Nick..

Kylie smiled ,but still said nothing...

Monica and I walked in and sat down....Monica slammed a folder down on the table...
''Detective Nellis...Uh Mrs. Nellis...I don't know who is the sexiest....You or your sister...No disrespect Mr. Nellis ,I've been dreaming about both of you since we first met.." he said..

I laughed..

"I'm biased...I think my wife is the sexiest of the two..."I said..

Monica smiled warmly and rubbed my hands softly...

"My sister is the sexiest..." she said softly....
"Damn!  I imagine that's been a dilemma all your lives..."said Nick Ventura..

"Only for guys...Believe me, Neither my sister or I could care less..."said Monica..
I opened up the folder...I spread out the glossies...One was a photo of Bubbie's lifeless corpse floating in the tank...Another was the lifeless corpses of Tolstoy and Wells floating in the river ....and the last one...of the lifeless body of Flip Robinson made him jump!

"Speaking of things cared about Nicky..My wife and I care about murders and there are enough to go around..."I said, still smiling..

"You told us you didn't know Bubbie, but you and I know that that is a lie.....We've talked to people and we now have camera footage and photos of at least two meetings you had with Bubbie... I suspect you were telling him to back off, move his drug business from the harbor area...You had a big project about to be constructed...A project that would attract high end clientele..You couldn't have his business and the crime that follows it in your area...You had a financial NEED for this joint venture to succeed..."said Monica..

"Only Bubbie didn't comply....You asked him two times to comply...and he refused...He got a call from Mr. Tolstoy and Mr. Wells to meet at your new club for a business meeting..We know this because we checked their phones and Bubbie's phone...The three of them had lunch at your Bistro and then went down into your great undersea bar and resort...and that was the last time the three of them were seen alive.."I said.

"They drowned Bubbie for not complying...most likely on your orders....but they screwed up...They left the body in that back room in the tank, rather than flushing the tank and his body out to sea and it was seen by two drunken witnesses...They also left a palm print and fingerprints on the tank...You couldn't leave them around after they had goofed up and exposed themselves...So you called Flip Robinson...And he lethally and efficiently disposed of them..."said Monica..

"And now Flip....Like them is dead himself...Throat slit and dumped in the shallow part of the river...When you clean up, you really clean up!" I said..

He looked at Flip's body and was genuinely shocked and surprised..
Monica scanned his mind...He genuinely was shocked at Flip's death and had no idea who could have done this....
"You have nothing that ties me to any of these men.."was all he would say...

 He was right...We didn't!!.... At least three of our murders were cleared....But we didn't know who killed Flip Robinson...
Finally Monica spoke..

"You're right and you are free to go...but we know your game and we'll be in touch.."said Monica..
He stood up...He was genuinely shaken....There was no smart remarks or quips..He feared someone was coming back at him for the murders of either Bubbie or Tolstoy and Wells...Murders he had ordered...and maybe they'd started with Flip...

A duty officer drove him back to the harbor.

III-
Monica looked at me...

"He really didn't have anything to do with Flip's murder....He was genuinely shocked when he saw the photo.."she said..
"Maybe someone is coming back at him for killing or having Bubbie killed?"I asked..
"That's what he thinks....Or could this be something else? Someone else?" asked Monica..

"What do you mean?" I asked..

"We found a pair of panties, a bra, a ladies wig and a blade..with blood on it..."said Monica..
"The killer was in drag.."I said..
"Hmmmm...Let's go see my sister.." said Monica...

We went up to the roof...to get in my flying car...I pulled her to me and kissed her slowly and softly..
"Ummmmmmm you smell so good today and you are wearing that dress..."I said in between slow ,smouldering kisses...

"What would you do if we had never become a couple and had just been partners?"asked Monica..

"I'd of suffered in silence...A LOT!!!" I laughed...
"Me too! But you would have never known it.."she laughed..
We continued kissing...

"Moot point now huh?" I said..


"Yes..We're married...and I'm hopelessly in love with you.." she said..


"Very Happily...I'm very happy..and hopelessly in love with you too!"I said.


"Very Horny too!...You always want me..." she said..


"I'm guilty...I do..."I said.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..I always want you too partner...but we've got a murder to solve..."she said and eased herself out of my embrace...

IV-
We met Monique at the M.E.'s office a little while later...
"I'm glad you're both here...I'm afraid you're not going to like what I have to tell you..."said Monique..
"I'm used to it...Oh, we interviewed Nick Ventura...He didn't kill Flip Robinson, I don't think he had anything to do with it.." said Monica..
"No, he didn't..."said Monique..
"But you're going to tell us who did right?" I said..
"Yes....That blood on that blade was Flip Robinson's...That was the murder weapon, but we found a latent fingerprint and DNA in the panties and the bra and the wig....Your killer is a man..."said Monique..
"Well we figured that." I said..
"A man you two have been looking for...The DNA and Fingerprints are a match...Arthur Jenkins, your fugitive is your killer...At least of Flip Robinson..."said Monique...
"Oh My GOD!!!!"said Monica..
"How is he mixed up in all of this?" I asked..

"Or his mother...?" asked Monica..
Monique had a look of pure terror on her face..

Bodies had just been dropping on us...Every murder that occurred this week had been solved in a crazy type of way...
"Well bae..you said you didn't like loose ends...We are about to tie all of them up.." I said..

(CONCLUSION NEXT!!)


10 comments:

Tate2 said...

This guy again huh?

Rita said...

I hope they capture him this time...

Brenda said...

I knew it was just a matter of time before Arthur Jenkins surfaced again...Didn't think it would be in this story though!

Lisa said...

I like the way this is turning out...Just read the other parts!

Toni said...

I think I'm all caught up now too!

Angie B. said...

I'm all caught up too, this is really good..Full of a lot of twists..

Sunflower said...

I'm more interested in them bringing this slimy club owner to justice...He's more rephrehensible than Arthur Jenkins...

Halo said...

I agree..!

Cheryl said...

This guy again huh? Arthur Jenkins and his "Mama"

Vanessa said...

Nick Ventura is cool and cruel...No respect for human life...Making jokes while that last guy was shot in the head...I want to see Nate and Monica bring him down...more so than I want them to capture creepy Arthur Jenkins..