Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Bombs Are Coming

A Normal Monday like any other day....I had worked a normal day at my business, Morris Communications...There were no investigations pending for my other gig...The Private eye thing..So I was home on time...
"Hey baby!" I said to my wife, Sepia..

I planted a wet kiss on Sepia's lips..

"Heyyyyyyyy, you're home on time..." said Sepia....
She scooped up our daughter Kimberly, who I smothered with kisses as she laughed...
I turned to Sepia...
"I'm going to smother mommy with kisses as soon as you go to sleep.." I said..Kimberly laughed..
"KEVIN!!! Stopppppppppppppp!" laughed Sepia...

Kimberly pointed to the mail and an odd package...

"Toy!" she said..
"Toy? that's an odd looking toy..."I said and looked at the strange package..
It was addressed to me... It said "Mr. Kevin"Snitch" Morris..
It looked weird...The more I looked at it...The more I came to one conclusion...

"It's a bomb! Sepia..take Kimmie, go to the basement!!!" I said..
She did as she was told and I ran in the basement and grabbed
A red galvanized can...It was for bomb disposal...I placed the device inside and then ran outside...I left the can in the lot across the street from me and then ran back into the house..

The bomb detonated...The explosion was loud...but the can did it's job...it muffled the explosion and kept it from causing any harm or damage....

II-
At Morris Communications...Sean Jackson was getting ready to leave for the day, when he noticed the strange  package..
It was also addressed to me... "Mr. KEVIN "SNITCH" MORRIS..."

Sean thought it looked suspicious...He took the elevator down to our sub-basement where Morris Investigations was located..
He was in luck...Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson and all five of my new investigators were still there...All of my administrative staff had luckily left for the day...Just as at Morris Communications...the entire staff was gone also..

My guys raced to the top floor with one of the
Red galvanized Bomb disposal cans...They placed the package inside and then rode down to the sub-basement...the left out the back door and placed the can in the now empty parking lot across the street..

It exploded inside the can...

The bomb detonated...The explosion was loud...but the can did it's job...it muffled the explosion and kept it from causing any harm or damage....
 I met with Sean and my guys...

"One was sent to my house with the same message..."I said..

"Some body was clearly trying to take you out ,either at home or at work..."said Sean Jackson...

"Yeah, but who?  Mr. Tickle and Bob Big Butt Thornton are safely locked up in prison...Nobody else knows of my relationship with the police.."I said..

''Somebody does boss." said Sean..

III-
A few blocks from where I worked was a Cul De Sac...Sepia and Bonita had sold these homes..




when they were brand new to friends of mine...Cop friends...newly weds...
 Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace
ADA Keith Wallace...her husband!

 Detective Edwin "Duke" Baylor
 and his wife, Dr. Hazel Baylor..
Detective Tyriq Pile and his wife
, Detective Sirena Harris -Pile

 Detectives James Barlow
 and his wife
Detective Angela Belton-Barlow

And Deputy FBI Special Agent in charge, Sharon-Ferrell_Hopkins and her husband,
 Detective Antonio "Hop" Hopkins..
They all lived just doors from each other in this tony Cul De Sac  and each got a package addressed to them at their homes..
They immediately called the Police Bomb Squad..
Who came immediately with their equipment..
and their big truck..
THE FBI AND ATF were also on site...They took the devices and were able to difuse them before they would have gone off....

"If all of these had gone off at once....It would have leveled this entire block....probably killed more than just you guys..| said the Lieutenant of the Bomb squad...

"This was real professional work...Whoever made these was a pro.There was enough C4 in here to have leveled this entire cul de sac...killing not just these detectives, but all of their neighbors..." he said.
 "Thank you guys....Thank you all so much." said Sissy.

Lieutenant Sissy Van Buren was also on site..She was concerned about her detectives....

"Are you guys okay?" she asked..Visibly shaken...


 "We are okay boss lady...Just a little rattled.."said Carlotta..
"It's no co-incidence we all got these little packages the same day...somebody is trying to take us out ,all of us."said Jimmy...
''Anybody seen Lt. Tragg lately?" asked Tyriq, which brought gales of laughter...

 "That's not funny Rico.."said Sirena..
"Somebody was trying to take him out just like this a few months ago.."Said Keith Wallace..
"Yeah, but that bomber died in an explosion and we didn't have anything to do with that case."said Angie.
"Siss...I'm putting a team on our houses...Plain clothes and Uniform...To watch our houses around the clock and to intercept our mail.."said Duke..
 "So Am I" said Sharon.. "I'm going to have plain clothes FBI Agents on the rooftops...
"Wow..looks like we may be staying at Headquarters for awhile.."said Hop..
"No...you guys can't....We were called in after you guys left for the day..."said the Lieutenant of the bomb squad...
"The bomber must not know where you live Lieutenant Van Buren...One was sent to your new headquarters, addressed to you! Had it of exploded, it would have leveled that entire building,killing everybody!" he said..
The thought of that sent a chill down Sissy's spine..
For the first time she looked rattled..She hugged her husband, Eddie C..
"Damn and right before Christmas too.." he said..
I was driving up just then....I had Sepia and Kimberly in my car..
They both waved...
"Kevin, what are you doing here?" asked Tyriq...
"Somebody sent a bomb to my house this afternoon...I used one of those red cans I gave you guys for Christmas a few years back to detonate it.."I said..
 ''We laughed when you gave us those for Christmas...I remember..But I guess it came in handy, huh?" laughed Duke..
 "Yeah...I'm glad you gave them to us Kev, but we didn't need em..We called the Bomb squad in..They were able to defuse ours...."said Tyriq..
"Yeah,maybe we can get some evidence..Find out who did this.."said Jimmy...
"They sent one to my office too...We got to that and detonated it...Luckily...My staff had all gone for the day.."I said..
"Duke,put a team of plain clothes and uniforms on Kevin and Sepia's block and at his business...Her real estate office too!"said Sissy..
"And I'll have FBI on the scene too..."said Sharon..
"Thanks Guys...I plan to take my family to a safe house I bought for just such an occassion..It's not in my name and it should be pretty safe.."I said..  "I suppose you guys have a cold site you retreat to also.."I said..



 "Yes..but we will be working on finding out who is behind this...Even while we are out of sight.."said Carlotta.
"I hope we wrap this up quick...It's damn near Christmas in a few weeks.."said Hop..A sentiment shared by us all..

Hazel helped Sirena with her three children and their things...Everybody packed up...

 "Listen ,I'll be in constant communication with my operatives...They're located in a cold site..and can't be traced conventionally.." I said.
"Same Here.."said Sissy...who passed me a cell phone..

"It's clean...You find anything out, you can contact me at this number.." she said..

"If we all vanish for awhile and the bomber discovers all of the protection around our homes it's going to upset his timetable..Probably rile whoever hired him and give us a chance to determine who he or she is.."said Sissy...
"You're right...Take care Siss..Guys.." I said..
 "You too Friend!" said Carlotta..
 "Be Easy Kevin!" said Sirena..
 Angie hugged me..

"Take care of Sepia and your baby girl.." she said.
 ''Be Easy..We got this ."said Duke, who was angry..
 "Between you and us Kev, we are the best detectives in the city.."said Tyriq..
 "Yeah...It's not Lt. Tragg is heading this investigation.." said Jimmy...

We all laughed..
 "We'll laugh about this case one day.."said Sharon..
 "I don't see that happening anytime soon.."said Hop..
 "Me Neither.." said Hazel..
"Take care friend...Come on..Let's get out of here.."said Sissy..

I watched as my friends drove off..

IV-
I checked my car for any tracking devices...Then we pulled off...I had a property in the nearby suburb of Bayside...It was far away from anything...
"This is nice...It was very forward thinking of you to purchase this property.."said Sepia..
"Bonita told me about this...You guys could have sold this a long time ago.." I said..
''It's an Air RNB...We can both use it when we need to get away..We were always planning to buy it for ourselves."said Sepia..
It was beautiful inside..
Had a nice kitchen..

and all the creature comforts of home...

We used cash to purchase groceries ....
and the basement had computers and monitors that would allow Sepia to contact her office and work remotely and allow me to work remotely with my guys
at both Morris Communications and Investigations..
"Oh Kevin,I love this...Can we stay here?" laughed Sepia..
I smiled..
I looked at her and Kimberly...I hoped I could keep them safe from whoever was trying to kill me and my friends..

V-
Even though Sissy and her guys had a brand new building...They were safest in the building they called "Copland" ,the government owned facility where they and others had gone when they were working on deep cover investigations...Only certain police officials knew about this building..











Sissy and her guys, Carlotta, Rico,Jimmy,Duke,Sirena, Angie and Hop had packed and moved into the rooms...Sharon had FBI and ATF agents working there too...
They set up a command station...

Keith Wallace and Eddie C. bought enough groceries to hold everybody for awhile..
and they kept constant communication with the staff left behind in their new building....

The shock of us all nearly being murdered had us all a little rattled as we hunkered down in our safe spots and rested for the night..

We knew that we were all very lucky...We all could have been killed..Our homes and places of work destroyed...and worse, innocent people killed.
And while we rested in our safe spots...
in an apartment complex across town...

in an apartment filled with bomb making materials and manuals..a cell phone rings..
"Hello!"

"Shut it down Johnny...Pack up and Get out of town!"

''What? Why?"came the voice..

"You Idiot..You failed..Not a one of your bombs exploded or hit it's target..."

"I don't understand...I mailed them on different days...So they'd all be sure to arrive at the same time.."

''Do you understand numbskull...you were dealing with cops? They train for this kind of thing...You should have placed it in their car, someplace not so obvious...."

"Look...I did this in the military...I was an explosives and ordinance man in the Army...I can build bombs in my sleep..We'll wait a week, when they think the coast is clear and I'll devise something else.."

"No..You're done...They're on alert now..They'll be looking for you...Abort.."

"What about my money?  11 Million dollars..." 

"You must be off your nut...They're all still alive and worse...They've dropped out of sight..even Kevin Morris...The main one we wanted..No sign of them anywhere..And it's cops up the wazoo on their streets in front of their homes and at his business and the new police headquarters...Why did you send one there?"

"Just in case the ones at their homes failed..I'd catch em there.."

"You really are an idiot...Now the FEDS are on this.."

"The Feds?"  

"Yes..FBI and ATF are in that building...We just wanted Morris and the Detectives from C.I.D. not the Feds..You're too hot...Shut it down and get out of town.."

"Not without my money..."

(Click)

"They better pay me my money or they'll be the next ones getting a package.." said the bomber.


(TO BE CONTINUED)


11 comments:

Toni said...

Mr. Tickle, Bob Big Butt Thornton??? , Mike Train sr.Who is behind this??

Angie B. said...

They're all in prison....Not one of them could fund something like this...This is someone else!

Sunflower said...

Is this a crossover story too?? I like crossovers.

Lisa said...

Crossover? Sissy and her detectives are always in Kevin stories...

Halo said...

They are...but this does seem like a crossover story, involving both more closely..

Vanessa said...

Crossover or not...This looks good...I'm just enjoying the ride!

Rita said...

I concur with Vanessa, Just enjoying the ride..Seems like the start of a good story!

Brenda said...

This might be some new threat who just found out about Kevin's close relationship with Sissy and her detectives....And who has an axe to grind with both parties.

Cheryl said...

This feels like it was ripped from the headlines ,LOL!

Keith said...

It was...I wrote this story as far back as when that guy was mailing bombs to President Trump's critics...

George S. said...

Ahhhhhhh savvvy!